High Tide Aquatics

Randy’s venture into salt water.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well my estimate didn’t take into account the beautiful rock scape I wanted to put together. So reasonably I think you’re gonna win that bet.

Right now I am….

1. final coats and lacquer
2. Final sand and machine polish
3. Drill tank for overflow

I just finished 10 1/2 hours of polishing acrylic with 800/1000/2000 novus 1,2,3.
Not a bet, just a best, realistic guess knowing we all have other commitments.

Also, that's a really long time to polish! With that quality, I give you 3 days till you forget the tank is there it is so clear and you bonk your head, haha.

…. Well I used to detail very high end cars. This was just another detailing job as far as I’m concerned. It’s all in the prep! Polishing is 99% of what makes a surface look like a mirror image. A 20.00 wax can look better than a 1,000 dollar wax if the prep is better.

I used to laugh at those customers that wanted some 1,000 zymol wax kit on their NSX. Spend the money on prep and buy 20.00 wax.

Okay so last cost of varnish is on the stand. Now to focus on building the red oak light canopy. One my requirement is I want to light bleed through the room. I find it distracting.

The canopy will be 16 inches tall and made of 3/4 red oak cabinet grade. All bevels are 3/4 round red oak stock.

Time to get busy !

Well then I am sorry for being on the defensive. The abuse that I took on this thread has made me jaded, and honestly reluctant to put anything truly personal here for fear it will be used against me later on.

None of our or any “marine ornamental“ fish has chosen to be in the wonderful confinement of these boxes of water that we wish to possess

Good luck to the fishes
We save them from praetors on the reef, only for them to succumb to whatever we put them through, I totally get where you are coming from. Sometimes the fish get luck and have a 20+ year lifetime, most don't though and we are all doing our best to prolong them.

Nothing good in this hobby happens fast. Take your time setting up the new tank, there's zero need to rush, it's often a hard thing to do but fight the urge to get fish or corals until things are ready. Sometimes it's a matter of just telling yourself no.

So when I start a new tank journal I ask that we please stay on topic to put it nicely. common courtesy.

I think you can read between the lines.

Of the most difficult aspects of the hobby...
NOT buying new fish
Back when people bought books, this was the perfect opportunity
Books won’t die, they don’t need to be fed, and don’t cause territorial issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back