Neptune Aquatics

RC on sale....

Yeah, I've been using Fritz RPM because it mixes right away and doesn't leave nearly as much scum/precipitate as some of the others. I have been pretty happy with it. However, this price is hard to pass up. What are people's experience with this salt?

After selling Fritz salt while helping out at Jess's store, and seeing some major quality control issues with it, I switched off it and have used RC since. It's good stuff.

The regular IO is just a tad cheaper if you prefer that kind.

I'll use the IO when nit goes on sale at Petco twice a year. It hits $27.00 a box then. They are pretty much interchangeable for me, but I don't use much anymore since I don't do water changes. I mis up enough to replace water I've taken out when acclimating livestock and that's it.

I used to be a fan of Aquavitro Salinity salt, but their decision to only sell it brick and mortar really was a pain as LFS within in reasonable driving distance disappeared, managed to find random guy Steve in Daly City via craigslist (well others told me) and he had it, then I think he closed up shop (his garage) and that was it of that. With the 200g tank I decided to do Red Sea blue bucket, for no reason other than it seemed like a good looking salt :D Seems to work fine, I don't do many water changes though, probably should though.

Ive always had more crud with instant ocean and reef crystals. The best one was aquavitro it was clean in the mixer. Rpm is also dirty too. Still trying to find a salt that mixes clean. That orice on chewy for io is good. I’m in for a few boxes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Ive always had more crud with instant ocean and reef crystals. The best one was aquavitro it was clean in the mixer. Rpm is also dirty too. Still trying to find a salt that mixes clean. That orice on chewy for io is good. I’m in for a few boxes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I had that experience years ago as well when I was out of salinity and tried a bucket of reef crystals it had kind of a lot of sediment.
I’ve been using it for a year or more now and haven’t had that issue at all. Maybe it’s just me ornament maybe it changed somehow.
Maybe a got a old or bad bucket years ago. Who knows.

Back