Neptune Aquatics

September: Tank Tour or LFS Tours?

Which event would you prefer:

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Since there isn't a regular meeting in September, @FeliciaLynn suggested that we might want to organize a member's tank tour or a tour of the local fish stores (or perhaps another low-key member driven event). I've set up this post to see how many people might be interested and what the preference would be.

LFS Tour: Hopefully the new Neptune's Aquatic store will be open by then, so perhaps start or end there. Also on the list could be Reef Raft and Aquatic Collection. Also, @Kara13 mentioned there was a small new store in San Jose. Any more suggestions can be added to the comments.

Member Tank Tours: Exactly what it says. I think it's been 4-5 tanks previously and a potluck lunch at one of the locations. We should pick a general vicinity. I'm honestly not sure where the last tank tour was. If you want to volunteer your tank or have a suggestion for what vicinity we should chose, please post a comment.

I've added a poll, so vote for your choice. Also, if you have a date preference, you might want to leave it in the comments. Any other suggestions for a fun event?

Yup, tank tours are not club events, they're simply advertised through the club. Arnold has been the one who got all of them going here. There was one a bit south in SSF/San Bruno/Millbrae, and I think there was one east bay one.

My suggestion, find out who has tanks who's willing to show them off and run with that.

The other new small shop is Keith's Coral Reefs next to the Shark tank (arena that is).

A tank tour would be pretty neat. LFS tour not as interesting because we can go anytime really, unless there are some other activities there.

Sounds like fun. Please be on a Sunday so I can attend. I heard that tank tours sometimes end at lfs so maybe it shouldn't be an either/or question :)

I like keith's coral reefs. I just picked up a neon cleaner goby from them. Nice set up but the coral selection is not impressive.

I agree with ahruk we should do a tank tour and then go to a LFS after.

Also if we ever want to tank tour around the Peninsula there is Golden Gate Corals and some nice Garage Setups.

I'm down for a tank tour. I'd be willing to offer my tank for the tour but all my fish are in quarantine for the next 8 weeks. Not sure if you guys wanna see a fish-less tank with some small coral frags. If you do, you're all more than welcome to come check out my new setup...just installed my Kessils. I live in the Outer Richmond district in SF.

The last few tank tours we typically had 4-5 members tanks and ended the tour at one of our sponsored LFS. This is a good way to see other BAR members tanks and show a little love to our sponsors (a discount on live stock/dry goods is usually given to BAR members also!). While many LFS start out as garage setups, BAR encourages frequenting our sponsors.

Many thanks to Arnold for taking up the task to put together SF tank tours. Also credit should be given to David, Felicia, & Brandie for putting together east bay/south bay tours.

Last year (2013) there were three TTs.
South Bay (Fremont to SJ) in April
East Bay (Berkeley) in July
San Francisco/Marin in November

I tried to schedule 2-3 tours a year when I was VP. Who doesn't like a good tank tour and sale at the LFS? I know it would a big help if members would coordinate the tank tours though :).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back