got ethical husbandry?

SFSUPHYSICS.......

[quote author=sfsuphysics link=topic=4970.msg61084#msg61084 date=1225147595]
Well I didn't pay full price for it, not even close to full price :p[/quote]

Congrats, bro!

When is the "baby shower"? Are you going to have a "Red Egg and Ginger" to show off your babies when they are ready to be seen?

:p

ps. I wish there was a real diaper change machine, I estimate that so far I've changed around 1500 diapers ... and that's just for one of two (real) babies in 11 months!

?????? We don't grow the Arcti-Pods we source from the Arctic ;)

Disposable, we're probably personally responsible for 1/4 of the global warming.

Yeah, it would be cool to just toss cloth diapers into a massive pod tank, then pull clean ones out the other side! Ha ha... (gross!)

V

Vince, I wasn't bashing, just wondering :) My hippy parents used cloth and since I'm not a parent myself that's all I know really :)

Either way, diapers STINK :(

[quote author=GreshamH link=topic=4970.msg61562#msg61562 date=1225412675]
Vince, I wasn't bashing, just wondering :) My hippy parents used cloth and since I'm not a parent myself that's all I know really :)

[/quote]

After 1500 diapers, it ain't that stink any more..

[quote author=Elite link=topic=4970.msg61564#msg61564 date=1225413473]

[/quote]

After 1500 diapers, it ain't that stink any more..
[/quote]
Yeah anyone who has changed diapers knows that it is the first couple dozen that you have to worry about.

When you have kids, you won't care too much about that crap. When they can't poop, that's when you really worry.. Oh I won't clean any other kids's a$$.. Only my kids ;D ..

I just had a 6 week old boy, lol his diaper the first four weeks didn't smell disgusting at all, then the 5th week came - and its starting to stink a lot more as he grows older. :-[ I really can't wait when he starts eating solids. When I was growing up my parents used cloth diapers, hehe but i wouldn't use cuz i don't want to destroy my new washing machines.

[/quote]

Oh yeah, I wasn't thinking that you were bashing!

I had two friends who started with cloth. One switched to disposable for his next kid, the other abandoned cloth halfway through the first kid!

I remember my little brother's pampers where these huge puffy things covered with plastic. Modern diapers are truly amazing.
(I mean...for what they do)

V

hahahah You guys are so funny.. My kid who is 5 now only would poop once a week.. It was like that up until he was almost 2.. The doctor said not to worry unless he was having discomfort. We probably used half the diapers that friends used :) Saved a grip hahahahah... One time he went 10 days.. Then he started not feeling too good. I got all freaked out and took him to the doctor. They told me to give him half a bottle of apple juice mixed with water.. 20 minutes later BAM he was going...

it's going to be a temporary tank to house my stuff while I figure out what to do for a replacement for the cracked one. There's a couple good sized scratches in it, and way too much acrylic on the top for my liking (that I won't be touching though :D) for me to want the tank... plus it's not my tank, it's just a loaner anyways.

Back