Cali Kid Corals

Small blue clove looking polyps...

Haha... Gresham's weeds are everybody else's cool corals :D

You have to tell us when your tanks get overrun with Aussie lords :D

You wouldn't be singing that tune if they took out some of your micros from Jen/Charles :) Invasive little punks :(

[quote author=GreshamH link=topic=2100.msg21635#msg21635 date=1183050285]
You wouldn't be singing that tune if they took out some of your micros from Jen/Charles :)[/quote]

Yikes! Bummer :(

See I'm not crazy.. It grows like crazy for me.. Almost too good.. I have another frag for you Eileen... I'm not sure what city you are in but shoot me a pm and I'll try and get the piece to you...

Gresh I had some that I was trying to get rid of on some of my rock in my second tank.. I ended up laying a frag of branching frog spawn kinda on it and it hasn't come back yet.. It's been about a month...

Something else I noticed about them is when some of the big frilly mushroom I got from Robin touch them they seem to recede quite quickly.. ALmost grows around the mushroom.. They won't grow anywhere close to it though...

Well I didn't get them in the DBTC program, Doug gave me them after I commented how nice they looked and they seem to be growing well.. I'll be sure to put some frags into the BAR frag swap if I remember :D

Which Tort? The deep blue one? Or the lighter blue with dark blue coralites? I don't know when they'll be ready because I've been neglecting the tank for all but the most essential of servicing, water topoff, food, 2part. The bathroom? Well that's going a tad slower than I expected, like they say "They don't make them like this anymore..." and all I can say to that is "THANK GOD!" Problem with old house remodels is you run into one problem so have to figure a way around it. Although I've hopefully gotten all the really hard stuff out of the way.. *knock on wood* so if things go smoothly maybe another week.

I concur with Gresham's "invasive little punks" comment, I don't know if they actively choke anything out, sting or what not, but when siphoning out flatworms yesterday I noticed little blue specs WELL AWARE FROM WHERE THESE GUYS ARE GROWING! They easily got sucked out.. but man... although they are very small, so might be nice "ground cover" for rocks.

So yeah if anyone wants some I can toss them a few frags back into the chain.

I haven't seen any "bad" aspects of these things. Unlike xenia which seem to float all over the place these seem to stay on the rock they were placed. I'll have a gen2 piece available soon, but I won't be at the meeting. I need to go to PA.

Wow the color is great on these guys. Anyone have any under T5's yet? My star polyps got a lot lighter when they went from the MH's they were under (before I got them) to under my T5's. I'm curious to know if they hold it well under cooler lights. I'd love to pick a frag up at some point to see how they do.

I have mine right under a 39w ATI Blue+ and 39w Geissmann AquaBlue bulb and they look deep purple. A great contrast next to my orange digi. One of my wife's favorite pieces since she loves lavendar so much. ;D

Mike, I'll take you up on a few polyps at the next meeting if you can.

Thanks Dyngoe. Did you drill your bow front or do you use a HOB overflow? I have the same tank and have been trying to decide what to do for upgrades and as much as I don't want to use HOB overflows I can avoid draining my tank. Also, are you using a bowfront stand or something else? I'd have to change mine up to fit a sump.

Hey Levi,

I used the CPR CS105 overflow. It's a little wide, but works well in the tank. I did use the standard stand, but I have it backed up against a set of stairs and I use the space below to fit a 40G sump/fuge, a 20G frag, a 10G salt mixer and a 5G top-off. No way I could fit the necessary tanks under the stand.

Thanks for the info.

[quote author=Dyngoe link=topic=2100.msg24719#msg24719 date=1190326473]
Hey Levi,

I used the CPR CS105 overflow. It's a little wide, but works well in the tank. I did use the standard stand, but I have it backed up against a set of stairs and I use the space below to fit a 40G sump/fuge, a 20G frag, a 10G salt mixer and a 5G top-off. No way I could fit the necessary tanks under the stand.
[/quote]

I wish I could say mine stays in one spot but it doesn't.. I have it popping up all over my tank.. I haven't noticed it stinging anything recently.. It grew right up to some xenia, rogue anthelia, zoas and my rlee blue insignis frag.. No recession or anyother indicators of them getting stung.

Wait till you loose a watermelon chalice and then you ber ticked like me :) I was at atlantis the other day and noticed Ming Wei had them in his display. When I mentioned my experience, the rock came out of the tank :) They're GSP on crack.

Back