got ethical husbandry?

Sourcing 50 Gallon Lowboy frag tank?

MarcosDelgado0

Supporting Member
I’ve never seen these at any local LFS and they’re not available for shipping at any online retailer I’ve seen. Where do people get these? Only LFS I’ve seen them is Sacramento area. I should’ve bought it when I was already there. My DIY stand is almost complete I just have to find a tank to fit the 48”Lx24”W foot print. Worst case I’ll make the trip out there, they were actually a good price when I was there ($123.99)

Unfortunately their website says they don’t ship Aquariums :( I’m going to try where Eric mentioned tomorrow

Attachments

• IMG_8433.png
    IMG_8433.png
    93.6 KB · Views: 14
Aqua lab has them in willow glen.

Secured. Thanks for the lead @Srt4eric

Attachments

• IMG_8445.png
    IMG_8445.png
    207.4 KB · Views: 37
go easy on the drilling, the glass is pretty fragile.
Will do thank you. I was going to recruit someone for help but I feel like this won’t be the only time I need to do this so might as well learn now. I have some spare 20 gallon tanks that I’m going to practice making holes on before I attempt this guy

Will do thank you. I was going to recruit someone for help but I feel like this won’t be the only time I need to do this so might as well learn now. I have some spare 20 gallon tanks that I’m going to practice making holes on before I attempt this guy

Few tips:

- Make a template out of scrap wood or acrylic and clamp it down. Trust me, it will make your life much easier when starting that hole.

- Tape the inside side of tank with painters tape to help prevent chipping once you go all the way through.

- Let the drill do the grinding, don’t put (much) pressure on it, especially near the end.

Few tips:

- Make a template out of scrap wood or acrylic and clamp it down. Trust me, it will make your life much easier when starting that hole.

- Tape the inside side of tank with painters tape to help prevent chipping once you go all the way through.

- Let the drill do the grinding, don’t put (much) pressure on it, especially near the end.
Thank you for the tips! The overflow I’m using comes with a template thankfully so I’ll be sure to clamp that down

Back