Kessil

Steinhart Tour 2019

@JVU @RandyC

Hey John, I’m giving up my spot to RandyC. I’m still planning to go to Academy of Sciences with my family that morning and would like to meet Mr Delbeek to get his autograph. If someone no shows, maybe I can get in too. Otherwise, I’ll wait for the next tour.
Very nice/martyrish of you :)

If someone on the waitlist has never been to this behind the scenes tour, pm me. I haven’t been on the tour for many years but willing to give up my spot if needed.

If you are a resident of SF, check your local library for free Academy of Sciences admission.

Seeing if I have any chance on the WL?
Thanks

LB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

glee already gave up his spot
I saw that. IS there any remote chance of making it last minute?
That is, how many people in front of me?
And all 16 people positively without a doubt at this moment are fully committed?
Thanks

I saw that. IS there any remote chance of making it last minute?
That is, how many people in front of me?
And all 16 people positively without a doubt at this moment are fully committed?
Thanks

There’s always a chance someone drops out, but the probability is low since we are close to event date.

Well it's with much regret that I have to bow out of this awesome event at the last minute. I'm giving up my spot but hope there will be another tour with Mr Delbeck in the near future.
JVU please put me on the waitlist for next time.

Well it's with much regret that I have to bow out of this awesome event at the last minute. I'm giving up my spot but hope there will be another tour with Mr Delbeck in the near future.
Does that mean one of us from the wait list will be able to go?
I would love to join if spot is available.

Thanks for letting us know.

@Chromis was the next member on the waiting list, so she is now on the list to be able to go. Please confirm that you will be able to make it.

We will be meeting by the T-Rex in the front lobby at 10 am.

Since many of us are traveling a ways and traffic is difficult to predict particularly in the city, please budget some extra time so we are aren’t making our gracious tour guides wait for people.

Did we ever figure out group pricing?

I looked into it, it didn’t really make sense for our group. Was only 10% off, required 1 person to buy all the tickets in advance, and required all attendees to be present at the same time to get in at all. Also, minimum of 10 people for a group, and I know several other people already had their own arrangements.

Their prices change a little depending on the day and if you buy them ahead of time. Right now, the adult price for tomorrow is $38.75.

There’s a Groupon right now for $35.95. Even better, customer service at the Academy told me that if you are a AAA member you can get a discount of about 20% off by calling 888-890-2470. I just did this and purchased my regular adult ticket for $31.00, they email you the ticket. It’s non refundable, non transferable, etc.

All day free parking can be found on Fulton Ave. It's a short walk to the Academy if you park between Park Presidio and Argulello Ave. You can stop by at Lucky Ocean when you leave too. They are on 2nd and Balboa.

We will be meeting by the T-Rex in the front lobby at 10 am.

Since many of us are traveling a ways and traffic is difficult to predict particularly in the city, please budget some extra time so we are aren’t making our gracious tour guides wait for people.

See you at 9:30.

That was a great event! Thanks @JVU for organizing. What a blast to have resident marine biologists Charles and Ryan give us behind the scene tours, and meet more of the ‘Reefers.

Back