Reef nutrition

Suggestions for calcium reactor

With a carbon doser, you basically set the bubble rate using a dial vs adjusting the regulator and counting the seconds between bubbles.

On the sicce, yes. It is used as a feed pump and you adjust the drip rate with the needle valve. If you use a peristaltic pump, you do not need either. You can use the DOS and many have but it is not designed as a continuous duty pump.
Thank you and everyone for the advice!
I order the kamor pump, carbon doser, 5lb co2 tank, check valve, and the geo cal reactor.

Am I understanding correctly that setting up with the Kamor will reduce potential issues and clogs?

I did order the precision needle but it sounds like that is not needed so I’ll ask if he can take it off.

Am I missing anything else or anything else I can do to improve my success with this?

Yeah I've got the spare pump right here. So far its been super quite. The best thing for me over my masteflex (I have a digital one sitting in my garage) is that it starts up at the same setting when it looses power. My masterflex did not automatically start back up. Right now I only run my kamoer when the lights are going.
Iirc, there is a setting that saves the current setting and stays the same after a power loss. Which masterflex do you have?

Iirc, there is a setting that saves the current setting and stays the same after a power loss. Which masterflex do you have?
Not sure, I have to look in the garage and get back to you. It is a fancier looking digital one though. It has settings to change tubing size as well.

Did I buy the correct media for the calcium reactor. The label has me thinking I bought the magnesium one, but it does list carbonate on the side.
454C68B9-E3DE-47B3-A003-5C6885224F91.jpeg
973349CE-856C-422B-84E2-46309D6DFC83.jpeg
124F039F-BE60-440E-85D3-903005D33C7F.jpeg

Are there other alternatives than driving down to San Jose? Preferably delivery alts?
The stuff is so hard to find now. TLF reborn used to be similar, however they possibly changed suppliers and its completely different now. I bought a full bag of it from Robert, he is the only LFS I know that has it.

The stuff is so hard to find now. TLF reborn used to be similar, however they possibly changed suppliers and its completely different now. I bought a full bag of it from Robert, he is the only LFS I know that has it.
I’ll have to run with this unfortunately. I won’t be making it to Neptune anytime soon.

Maybe I'm not understanding, but if this media takes a lower pH to dissolve, couldn't you just slow rate of the feed pump, but keep the CO2 delivery the same? Effluent would have a lower pH, but would be coming out at a slower rate - same amount of CO2 in should have the same net pH effect on the tank.

Maybe I'm not understanding, but if this media takes a lower pH to dissolve, couldn't you just slow rate of the feed pump, but keep the CO2 delivery the same? Effluent would have a lower pH, but would be coming out at a slower rate - same amount of CO2 in should have the same net pH effect on the tank.
It has nothing to do with affecting the pH in your tank. Its harder to dissolve the ARM, making it difficult to get the right kH level in your effluent.

If you want to have more automation, attach a calcium reactor to a controller like an apex and an Alk monitor (I use KH Guardian). Pretty much set and forget.

Back