Reef nutrition

Support our Sponsors - Check this out! Bay Bridge Aquarium.

Bruce Spiegelman

Sponsorship, Public Relations
BOD
It's a rough time for our local LFS, but that means it's an opportunity to not only to step up and help our sponsors, but at the same time get a nice BAR discount.

Michael at Bay Bridge Aquarium is struggling. So are his employees, and he has a pretty good sized staff. Not just with traffic, but also much of the wholesale chain has been interrupted. However, I was just looking at some incredible pictures of a big order he currently has in QT from Hawaii. About a half dozen true pairs of Flame Wrasses, Crosshatch Triggers, Achilles Tangs, Other tangs, etc. Now these will all be in QT for 4-6 weeks (unless you choose not too), but I just grabbed a pair of Flame Wrasses at a great price for QT'd fish.

He also just got in 20K wholesale of corals and is willing to make some deals for BAR members.

His QT consists of massive UV in the system, plus currently copper over a 4-6 week period. The copper is in place of chloroquine phosphate which he no longer has access to thanks to Trump.

I will also offer anyone who grabs $150.00 + from him a free SIGNIFICANT frag delivered at our next frag saw. By then I should have frags of a number of Vivid pieces, RR's ARC's, etc available. This includes Angry Birds, confetti's, Orange passions, Homewreckers, WD, and many, many more.

94072235_366941327550766_481639513769115648_n.jpg
94252706_901118443634271_1397593185730953216_n.jpg
94386724_284327299229602_4872561537417478144_n.jpg
94404582_1156091204732416_855086258731352064_n.jpg
95161927_366941304217435_5866919059978715136_n.jpg
95192842_279526980001241_4445920157910433792_n.jpg

Very nice support. I think if they can post some sale or something % discount that will be more helpful. I like to check them out when thing open a little bit more.

Is he open or do we need an appointment I'm advance?
Would happily stop by and shop a bit..
Thanks everyone... we are actually *not* yet open for customers to come inside. In the best interest of our staff, (some of whom have immunocompromised family), and "human QT", we kept the doors closed since Shelter in Place started, except we have still been open daily with reduced hours doing door pickup and to-go orders, web-orders, and deliveries throughout NorCal (all orders on anything, salt included, over $50 ship free overnight.) You would probably not be surprised how many families and small kids show up everyday, without masks, coughing and sneezing all day trying to barge through the door, and it's just been too much of a risk It has always been my opinion the health of people goes ahead of the needs of the store - we can recover later.
We are looking to very shortly devise some appointment-slot system, or an outside line, where we will allow just 1 person into the store at a time for a short time while others are waiting. Must wear mask/not have a fever/show symptoms of illness, etc. Before that's established though, anyone wanting to come in person is welcome to come after hours and set up a time with me directly. Thanks!

I think you had mentioned being able to place orders with ECC, are you set up to order from ORA as well?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wish I read this 5 min ago. I just drove all the way down there to be turned away at the door. I mentioned to the lady at the door that I was there to see the shipment of flame wrasses. She kindly told me that the store is NOT open to the public. And, that the flame wrasses are not for sale yet. :mad:
So Im not sure how to help my LFS with a sale. I don't free like spending hundreds of dollars on a fish and coral without seeing it in person. So online shipping is not an option for me.

I wish I read this 5 min ago. I just drove all the way down there to be turned away at the door. I mentioned to the lady at the door that I was there to see the shipment of flame wrasses. She kindly told me that the store is NOT open to the public. And, that the flame wrasses are not for sale yet. :mad:
So Im not sure how to help my LFS with a sale. I don't free like spending hundreds of dollars on a fish and coral without seeing it in person. So online shipping is not an option for me.

If they have workers who are around immune compromised people then I totally understand them being closed.

I’d just like to know how much they will be and when they will be ready. I’ve wanted flame wrasses for years.

I agree with the sentiment of supporting LFS’s, especially through this time. And I absolutely am on board with paying more for healthier livestock, including true quarantine.

I called BBA last week to see if I could come by and spend some money. I was informed they are closed to the public, for the reasons cited above (which I completely understand). I was also told I could order online or over the phone for pickup or shipping, which is very reasonable. But I have no idea what they have in stock, and their website doesn’t help in that regard, so I’m left with not being able to shop there for now.

I don’t know how Bruce got so much inventory info and pics to post. Maybe FB or IG or some other social media I don’t do?

@MichaelW maybe start a thread here of WYSIWYG fish and coral pics with prices? (Thats if its allowed by the BAR BOE.. im not sure). Because i for one would be interested in purchasing something, especially if shipping is free within Norcal. All ive done this SIP is check out a ton of online coral and fish stores but shipping cost and uncertainty of shipping cross country has been whats made me hesitate.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I agree with the sentiment of supporting LFS’s, especially through this time. And I absolutely am on board with paying more for healthier livestock, including true quarantine.

I called BBA last week to see if I could come by and spend some money. I was informed they are closed to the public, for the reasons cited above (which I completely understand). I was also told I could order online or over the phone for pickup or shipping, which is very reasonable. But I have no idea what they have in stock, and their website doesn’t help in that regard, so I’m left with not being able to shop there for now.

I don’t know how Bruce got so much inventory info and pics to post. Maybe FB or IG or some other social media I don’t do?
Thats pretty much my experience and wasted trip in a nut shell. I'm not faulting them at all for complying with the Covid restrictions. I was just wondering how Bruce was able to purchase fish and what not, and stating the store was open, when in reality they are not till the shut down lifts.

Back