Kessil

Tank movers wanted

I would assume Im meeting up with Mike ( coral reefer ) to drain it first in Pacifica. We haven't finalized the time time yet. The hardest part will be getting it from Pacifica. The easier part is getting it into my garage
I’ll check with wife today. Would 12 work ok?

kinda hard to say. Not sure how long it will take Mike to bust it down. I'll be there with him but he's the lead tech
Just to give a proper timeframe to my wife, is this a full 'drain, break down rockwork, etc' breakdown, or is all that out and we just need to break apart the tank/load it up?

Nice view…but f those stairs. That was a tough one

Attachments

• B8731EA1-AC98-4D08-A537-6D4D13C8323A.jpeg
    B8731EA1-AC98-4D08-A537-6D4D13C8323A.jpeg
    68.7 KB · Views: 134
That looks like you do the stairs with ropes and plywood ramps to slide the tank up instead of carrying. Could get real fancy and rig a block and tackle in addition to the plywood/moving quilt ramps. Unless we are talking a 100-200 lb tank, that is a long carry, and stairs make the bottom two take all the weight.

Tank is up and running and looking good. Things are settling down and corals are open. I will be giving away some of these corals soon. Leathers , some zoa's , cloves , and probably a few extras. I'll start a tank journal soon

Reactions: JVU
That looks like you do the stairs with ropes and plywood ramps to slide the tank up instead of carrying. Could get real fancy and rig a block and tackle in addition to the plywood/moving quilt ramps. Unless we are talking a 100-200 lb tank, that is a long carry, and stairs make the bottom two take all the weight.
Where were you yesterday?!!

Where were you yesterday?!!
The angle of the stairs would've made that hard, particularly given the angle of the stairs vs fence on the left towards the top.

Plus that assumes we had the foresight to bring rope and plywood. That gives us too much credit for foresight, given the number of times it took us two or three tries to hit on an obvious solution. :p

Back