Cali Kid Corals

Tank question

Thanks for the tip on photos. And yes it looks like that feather duster worm. I'll google search it and learn about them. Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And get the $30.00 filter for cell phones. It's listed as a top product for 2017 on BRS.

I saw that thing. Does it work well? I bought this aquarium photo app and it helps compared to normal photos.

Mind sending me a photo of with and with out the lense.

Yep -- except I've bought four or five "gel Packs" and none of them worked that well. I had one that did a couple years ago (given to me), but I lost it.

Did the AquariClip work for you? It is just a shade of an orange gel filter.

I'm surprised you didn't find a filter in that Rosco gel pack that worked for you. There are prolly 100 shades of just orange in that sample pack.

Did the AquariClip work for you? It is just a shade of an orange gel filter.

I'm surprised you didn't find a filter in that Rosco gel pack that worked for you. There are prolly 100 shades of just orange in that sample pack.

They never were as clear, but it may have been user error. THe clip does make things bulletproof and it is the optimized color gel.

So I have a desktop size ghost protein skimmer, I have been trying to find online how to properly set it up. Anybody have suggestions or tip. Idk what color skimate should come out. Yellow or gray. Or the height to set it above water level. Or basicly anything. All I've found is one video where the guy explained the parts and how it works. Not really showing what it should look like or idk.

So I have a desktop size ghost protein skimmer, I have been trying to find online how to properly set it up. Anybody have suggestions or tip. Idk what color skimate should come out. Yellow or gray. Or the height to set it above water level. Or basicly anything. All I've found is one video where the guy explained the parts and how it works. Not really showing what it should look like or idk.

I've never used that skimmer, but I'll Tell you how I run my skimmer. My skimmer has 2 ways to adjust the internal water level inside of the skimmer, an air intake valve as well as a water "release" valve. I use the line where the cup connects to the skimmer body as a base point of reference. I made sure that line was about 3 inches out of the water, that was the sweet spot. I would make sure the air intake valve was almost completely open, and then I adjusted the release valve so that the internal water level was right below the line where the cup connects to the body. That skimmer always ran wet, but that configuration gave me the darkest skimmate.

First key to getting a skimmer to work properly -- an ATO. Yes this hobby really is a rabbit hole. Every piece of equipment, every new fish and new coral often leads to another piece of equipment.

I have an ato. One of my fav pieces of equipment I bought. Saves me so much daily hassle.

The adjustments for mine are, air valve and the cup that collects can be raised and lowered.

You may want to start a separate thread for the skimmer question unless you want this thread to be just a go to spot for you to ask your questions. People are likely not going to want to go through all the posts to get to the current one though.

Back