Kessil

Tank tour: 4th stop, Arnold

[quote author=nukeproof link=topic=2409.msg24772#msg24772 date=1190393107]
I need to invite all the photographers to my house so you guys could show me and my wife how to take these beautiful pictures.
[/quote]

offer some good homecooked food and I'm there! ;)

Thanks Art....these shots were taken right when the lights were just turned on, so not everything is open yet.

Nice shots! I guess I need to buy a SRL someday.

I didn't want to kill the return pump because then 2 inches would drain into the sump and actually expose some of the higher corals.....I need to do something about that incase of power outage.

[quote author=Apon link=topic=2409.msg24779#msg24779 date=1190395371]
I didn't want to kill the return pump because then 2 inches would drain into the sump and actually expose some of the higher corals.....I need to do something about that incase of power outage.
[/quote]

haha I understand, I was just poking fun ;)

Drilling a siphon break into either the loc-line or the return pipe would solve the problem of having that much water flow back into your sump.

[quote author=Raddogz link=topic=2409.msg24783#msg24783 date=1190395803]
Drilling a siphon break into either the loc-line or the return pipe would solve the problem of having that much water flow back into your sump.

[/quote]

I did what Eileen did with mine. It worked great so far but make sure the hole is not plugged with algae over time.

It has to be the return line....but I split it into 3 seperate one......the return in the back hooked up to my brocken sea swirl and the front return covered by green star polyps.

It's actually it's pretty easy to do assuming you can dis-assemble the loc-line or return pipe (above the stand). Once you take it out it's like thirty seconds to drill or less. :D

[quote author=kinetic link=topic=2409.msg24778#msg24778 date=1190395267]
[quote author=nukeproof link=topic=2409.msg24772#msg24772 date=1190393107]
I need to invite all the photographers to my house so you guys could show me and my wife how to take these beautiful pictures.
[/quote]

offer some good homecooked food and I'm there! ;)
[/quote]

I'll keep that in mind.

You know I just realized something....I have like 17 fish in the tank, but somehow Art got shots with no fish at all. How did that happen? Or did none of the fish come out except the anthias....weird.

[quote author=Apon link=topic=2409.msg24899#msg24899 date=1190680149]
You know I just realized something....I have like 17 fish in the tank, but somehow Art got shots with no fish at all. How did that happen? Or did none of the fish come out except the anthias....weird.
[/quote]

They must have saw hig BIG eye ball through the macro lense and took off into the rock works :D :D

the fish are scared of me!

actually I think this was shortly after the lights came back on, and the fish were all hiding at the time.

There's also this little "focus" light that comes on my camera whenever I'm about to take a shot if it's not contrasting enough... sometimes it scares fish. My stupid fish thinks it's food and always get in the damn way of my coral shots. Usually the shrimp comes and steps on everything =(

Back