Our mission

Tank tour pics........

Actually it used to be a club event when I was on BOD. I used some funds to buy pizza for the first few, but then things changed and the club wanted to save funds for other activities. Then I continued them cause I like seeing other tanks, so I organized them and stated that these were not club sponsored events. Then people couldn't complain to club, they could only be mad at me for issues.

Actually it used to be a club event when I was on BOD. I used some funds to buy pizza for the first few, but then things changed and the club wanted to save funds for other activities. Then I continued them cause I like seeing other tanks, so I organized them and stated that these were not club sponsored events. Then people couldn't complain to club, they could only be mad at me for issues.
That be nice...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For those who want these to happen they really are not that hard to spear head
Step 1: Pick a geographical region, i.e. San Francisco, Peninsula, South Bay, etc.
Step 2: Make a post asking if reefers in that areas would be willing to show off their tanks, 3 is a bare minimum, although if there isn't a lot of driving 4 should be the minimum.
Step 3: Nail down a date, and confirm with those willing to show off tanks that it's ok.
Step 4: Start an announcement asking who wants to come, put a limit on the number so you don't overwhelm the places of those willing to show off, and get a pot-luck list started if you plan on doing lunch/food at someone's house.
All of the above can be done through the forum with minimal effort really
Step 5: Get on Google maps and plan a route with time frame, and send that message out to those who are going to come with the addresses.

That's it really, it's up to the people who want to come to figure out ride sharing, or whatever if they so desire. Biggest issue is if one of the tank showers bails out for whatever reason at the last minute, then you simply work around that and reschedule. Maybe tie in a LFS visit if there's one nearby, but that's really optional.

For those who want these to happen they really are not that hard to spear head
Step 1: Pick a geographical region, i.e. San Francisco, Peninsula, South Bay, etc.
Step 2: Make a post asking if reefers in that areas would be willing to show off their tanks, 3 is a bare minimum, although if there isn't a lot of driving 4 should be the minimum.
Step 3: Nail down a date, and confirm with those willing to show off tanks that it's ok.
Step 4: Start an announcement asking who wants to come, put a limit on the number so you don't overwhelm the places of those willing to show off, and get a pot-luck list started if you plan on doing lunch/food at someone's house.
All of the above can be done through the forum with minimal effort really
Step 5: Get on Google maps and plan a route with time frame, and send that message out to those who are going to come with the addresses.

That's it really, it's up to the people who want to come to figure out ride sharing, or whatever if they so desire. Biggest issue is if one of the tank showers bails out for whatever reason at the last minute, then you simply work around that and reschedule. Maybe tie in a LFS visit if there's one nearby, but that's really optional.
Sounds like you are ready to set one up!

I'm not the one asking for one to be had, so no :)

I'll absolutely set up the San Francisco one... once my tank is up, but Arnold says he's holding out for that so maybe he'll do the next go round of that as well.

Back