Reef nutrition

The Aquarium Showroom - San Jose, CA

Max said BAR can have meeting or anything in this room :eek: ..

ballroom.jpg

looks like I'm going to have to visit my brother in Mt. View soon :)

That is some amazing, healthy looking livestock, haven't seen a flasher wrasse with coloration like that in a long while, the onyx clown is also niiiiiiiice.

what is he lighting his displays with?

Cheers,

Josh

[quote author=tunis link=topic=4339.msg52697#msg52697 date=1218932365]
great pics phong! did you get to see the 10 ft tall protein skimmer? max wants to get a bigger one! LOL! :D
[/quote]

You know what I didn't.. He has a lot of stuff. They are everywhere. I don't think that skimmer is in used right?

All the skimmers in those pics are about 6'-7' tall :D ..

If anyone looking for tank. He said he has a lot of used tank. He will let it go at a good price for BAR members..

Josh, he has a lot of nice wrasses. I took a lot of pic but they came out burry. Hard to take pics when I have two boys, keep dragging me to go check out other cool stuff that they found ;D ..

you know what would be a cool idea and it looks like they have the facility to do it,

DIY workshops! How much fun would that be?!?!

Once a month you could have a night for modding maxijets, customs tanks, stands, reactors, frag racks, etc etc!

If you could get it past insurance issue I bet it would really bring locals into the shop.

Cheers,

Josh

[quote author=Elite link=topic=4339.msg52701#msg52701 date=1218932833]
Josh, he has a lot of nice wrasses. I took a lot of pic but they came out burry. Hard to take pics when I have two boys, keep dragging me to go check out other cool stuff that they found ;D ..
[/quote]

no, I love that pic, everything blurred around it, with a gorgeous male in focus! Awesome! There is a cool photo like that at the Monterey Aquarium, a big bait ball of sardines all blurry, with a few in focus in the middle, kind of a predator eye view.

you shoot a D60?

Yeah I like that pic too.. I wished it came out a bit better... My boys wouldn't leave me alone so I can take more pics of the fish. ;D
I only have a D40x...

Nice, I helped Max unpack some of the corals thursday late night and didn't get back to Santa Rosa till 3 am. Stores huge and has alot of potential. Scary part was unpacking and putting in two of I want to say hawaiian dragon eels. They were 3-4 feet long into the large display tanks up front. Fun time but exhausting.

There are hawaiian dragon eels?? I didn't see them.. I didn't look very careful into those big tanks in the front. Too much to see ;D

[quote author=MontanaBay link=topic=4339.msg52702#msg52702 date=1218932840]
you know what would be a cool idea and it looks like they have the facility to do it,

DIY workshops! How much fun would that be?!?!

Once a month you could have a night for modding maxijets, customs tanks, stands, reactors, frag racks, etc etc!

If you could get it past insurance issue I bet it would really bring locals into the shop.

Cheers,

Josh

[/quote]

DIY'ing and retail kind do not go together, well, like oil and water actually :D. For what it's worth BAR members alone compromise like less then 1% of most local stores business. If BAR drove in scores of custom tanks with service contracts now I think Max would be more then willing to hold DIY classes :lol:

Nice to see the faux painters job :D
10' skimmer? The ER? IT's like 6' unless I'm 10' tall. Wait, how tall are you guys that are looking at this thing? 4'? It wuld like 10'' then :D

I remember seeing that moster skimmer. I don't think it's an ER. Not sure how tall it is but it's taller than 6' for sure. The ones in the photo are like 6' already. The one everyone talking about is much bigger and taller.

Hey Guys thanks for all the great responses. The Big Skimmer is a RK2 that I haven't hooked up yet. I wouldn't mind having workshops for all the reefers but I wont give up all my secrets. I really need the bay areas support if this shop is going to take off. As of right now I am not yet Wholesale to the public. As soon as I get enough foot traffic in here I will turn the shop into wholesale to the public. SO please let everyone know. I also have tons and I mean tons of used Tanks, Stands, Pumps, Reef Flats, LIghting, and other aquarium related products for sale for dirt cheap. And of course BAR is always welcome to use the Banquet Hall for events as long as you book it with me in advance so it doesn't cross with any other events that we are having.

[quote author=maxttran link=topic=4339.msg52734#msg52734 date=1218952227]
Hey Jason, Thanks for helping me out the other night. Those eels were Tessalatas.
[/quote]

Yeah, it didn't matter what kind of eels they were to me. All I knew is that I could get bite ha,ha,ha

hey max, great to see you on here! i started this thread to help spread the word 'cuz i strongly believe in "supporting your LFS"! man, you're gonna drain my bank account being only 5 minutes from home! LOL!

btw..the gonis are doing great (so far)! i guess it's a blessing that my wife has expensive taste in rare corals! hahaha...thanks again!

[quote author=maxttran link=topic=4339.msg52728#msg52728 date=1218948778]
Hey Guys thanks for all the great responses. The Big Skimmer is a RK2 that I haven't hooked up yet. I wouldn't mind having workshops for all the reefers but I wont give up all my secrets. I really need the bay areas support if this shop is going to take off. As of right now I am not yet Wholesale to the public. As soon as I get enough foot traffic in here I will turn the shop into wholesale to the public. SO please let everyone know. I also have tons and I mean tons of used Tanks, Stands, Pumps, Reef Flats, LIghting, and other aquarium related products for sale for dirt cheap. And of course BAR is always welcome to use the Banquet Hall for events as long as you book it with me in advance so it doesn't cross with any other events that we are having.
[/quote]
That's right, I remember you mentioning the RK2 now. If you need help with it, you know how to reach me.

Back