Cali Kid Corals

This has been a crazy week

Never have we had so much drama in such a short period of time, things happen but this is crazy. On friday, my sisters hubby rear ended some car. The people jump out say no worry no damage got in their car and drive away. Thinking maybe they were illegal or maybe no car insurance. His truck has some damage, mainly dented front fender. Saturday, our business was robbed. For those that dont know me well I have two laundromats in town. Crazy thing is the worker tale is bizarre to say the least. Apparently, she was cleaning up after hours , all the doors were locked but someone came in, took all the money out of the register which she somehow left open, and she didnt see anything. ??? The week gets better. Sunday, we get in our ford f250 load up the family, Jim says the transmission feels like its slipping and we should turn around and go home. While he is making a three point turn the transmission blows up, leaving us stranded in the middle of the road blocking two lanes. :( Get it towed home, decide to stay home till things start looking up for us. Invite over family over to spend time together, go outside to watch the boys ride motorcycles and exercise the horses. A gate gets left open the horses get out run off of property into street and one gets hit by a car. Horse is hurt and needs to be taken to vet for surgery.

This is my crazy week so far....

So sorry to hear about your crazy week. We have had one too, but I have to remind myself that we are not nearly as bad off as many...

We met a man from the Congo over the Christmas holidays. His family disagreed with the ruling regime there, so gunmen came back at night and killed his parents and two brothers. He was thrown into a deep pit for a month and repeatedly beaten. He ran on foot with his wife and four children. Along the way, he and his wife adopt 3 children they find wandering the streets who have been left behind in the flee to escape, or who's parents were killed. So now he has 7 children. He was able to work odd jobs to make enough money to get to the US, but his wife and children are still in Kenya trying to get Visas. Other members of his family have fled to different nations, but he does not know where they are. He has been in the USA for 3 years now, and works odd jobs to survive. He so desperately wants to be reunited with his family, but he says it takes time to procure Visas to the US.

Despite the hardships he has faced, he is a happy man, and he can smile and laugh. I learned that sometimes we need to smile and laugh through our trials and hardships because getting depressed and angry is counterproductive and serves no purpose.

I don't mean to minimize your crazy week, but your post reminded me of my crazy week, and then of this man...who still smiles. :)

Sorry to hear of your troubles, 70. Mine are minor compared to yours. My face has been swollen since Thurs. Went to the doctor yesterday and didn't have a good explanation. Some kind of allergic reaction, but to what?
I don't have a clue. At least it lessens as the day goes on and is worst in the morning, like now.

Back