Our mission

Thoughts on this bta

Send me the link, I'll buy them all. ;)
Then sell them at the BACFM where there had to be at least 20 for sale by multiple vendors of this so called "rare" thing? :D

But yeah the anemone game is kind of like the coral game... here's something... well now here's that same something taken under nothing but royal blue LEDs and "UV" LEDs, with a black background, and then white balanced so you don't see the washed out blue and now that something is worth 5 times as much :)

I remember when I first saw the "CSB" anemone years back "No way I'm paying $300 for an anemone..." but it was more red with yellow tips, not the yellowish orange that seems to be what it's being called.

Either way, get something that makes you happy, don't chance trends, and then you'll simply be a grumpy old man like me who grumbles at profitization of this hobby that's going to every level.

There's someone on R2R that has 8 or 9 of them and trying to get $1,500. He bumps the thread every week and can't seem to sell them. Conrbred had one on Ebay a few weeks ago that ended up selling for around $700 as I recall. The CSB's I found were someone in Chicago breaking down his tank and had like 10 of them. He listed them initially for $800 and was down to $180 after he hadn't sold any for a few weeks. My tank was too new at the time and even that seemed like a gamble to me. Yes, these often get listed for insane amounts of money, but it doesn't appear that anyone is actually buying them for those prices.

Last edited:
There's someone on R2R that has 8 or 9 of them and trying to get $1,500. He bumps the thread every week and can't seem to sell them. Conrbred had one on Ebay a few weeks ago that ended up selling for around $700 as I recall. The CSB''s I found were someone in Chicago breaking down his tank and had like 10 of them. He listed them initially for $800 and was down to $180 after he hadn't sold any for a few weeks. My tank was too new at the time and even that seemed like a gamble to me. Yes, these often get listed for insane amounts of money, but it doesn't appear that anyone is actually buying them for those prices.

I won’t justify what people are paying, but I can assure you that $200 is an extreme outlier for an actual legitimate CSB. If they are legit, I recommend scooping them up. While CSBs aren’t commanding the $1500 price tag they were just 6 months ago, they are still getting north of $1000.

I won’t justify what people are paying, but I can assure you that $200 is an extreme outlier for an actual legitimate CSB. If they are legit, I recommend scooping them up. While CSBs aren’t commanding the $1500 price tag they were just 6 months ago, they are still getting north of $1000.
They’re usually in the $1200-1500 range, depending on size and lineage. Real deal CSBs are not to be confused with Chicagos or whatever else is out there.

$200 sounds like a wild bta “ultra” rainbow of sorts.

Yeah if you're paying that kind of money you better be willing to see them in person too. Way too many photo trickeries being done (some of which I mentioned earlier)

I see that you just sold one, so I'm sure you know what people might be willing to drop these days.

Searched my emails and it was a Colorado Sunburst and the guy was in Michigan. It was $180 and $60 shipping with no DOA in January, which is why I didn't bite. He really wanted to sell them locally and wasn't much interested in shipping. It may have been a unicorn deal.

Someone point the to the under 400 bin of csb nems. The 1k price is crazy [emoji12][emoji12]

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

8FFEAEFE-8CC7-4D51-98B2-50034AA30411.gif

It’s not like a CSB wasn’t just another wild caught anemone like the rest. To my knowledge, it wasn’t even bred into what it is. Some diver just pulled it out of the ocean, gave it a name and as it split (asexually) he sold it off. The one in your picture for $2000 looks just like so many $20-$40 ones I’ve seen. Is it worth 50 to 100 times more because of its name? It’s very likely that back in the ocean it was splitting for who knows how long. Who knows how many CSB’s there are out there in the wild? They’re likely being caught and sold off as regular anemones.

It’s not like a CSB wasn’t just another wild caught anemone like the rest. To my knowledge, it wasn’t even bred into what it is. Some diver just pulled it out of the ocean, gave it a name and as it split (asexually) he sold it off. The one in your picture for $2000 looks just like so many $20-$40 ones I’ve seen. Is it worth 50 to 100 times more because of its name? It’s very likely that back in the ocean it was splitting for who knows how long. Who knows how many CSB’s there are out there in the wild? They’re likely being caught and sold off as regular anemones.
That is true never really thought of it that way. But people care about lineage and crap like that. What lfs sold it and yada yada

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

There's someone on R2R that has 8 or 9 of them and trying to get $1,500. He bumps the thread every week and can't seem to sell them. Conrbred had one on Ebay a few weeks ago that ended up selling for around $700 as I recall. The CSB's I found were someone in Chicago breaking down his tank and had like 10 of them. He listed them initially for $800 and was down to $180 after he hadn't sold any for a few weeks. My tank was too new at the time and even that seemed like a gamble to me. Yes, these often get listed for insane amounts of money, but it doesn't appear that anyone is actually buying them for those prices.
That's one of the reasons why I left the hobby, got sick and tired of the coral pimping and name game.

But that Green BTA is a nice looking one. Great price too.

Last edited:
Back