Tr1ggers 100G Artisan II

Discussion in 'Tank Journals' started by tr1gger, Feb 13, 2014.

1. tankguy

tankguy BOD

Good Luck with the acro Dan. Could be a beauty

2. Coral reefer

Coral reefer President

Is that the dbtc acro he got from me? I hope it is cause I want a piece back!

3. tr1gger

tr1gger Keyboard Cowboy

I am 99% sure it isn't. He has had this piece for a really long time.

4. Coral reefer

Coral reefer President

Ok cool. Guess I just want a piece then! Looks nice

5. sfsuphysics

sfsuphysics Supporting Member

Good luck with that! Unfortunately most of what he gave me looked final initially then tissue necrosis, although two are still hanging in there. Either way, going to go on a holding pattern with hard corals until I figure out what's going wrong.

6. tr1gger

tr1gger Keyboard Cowboy

Mine ends up browning out. I am just going to be putting it up as high as I can get it.

7. Coral reefer

Coral reefer President

He does have a crap load of light... Hard to reproduce

8. Kmooresf

Kmooresf Supporting Member

Hey Mike, that is not the piece you gave me. Yours is growing strong though and looks great. I'll cut you a frag of both whenever you like.

I think Dan might actually have MORE light than me. Lol! 3 radions over that thing. ;)

9. neuro

neuro Webmaster

What is the name of that tabling acro?

Looking good!

10. Kmooresf

I'm not sure it has a name. It is just a red tabling.........I got it from the $10 frag section of Neptune's a few years ago. Love the $10 frags. ;)

Nav and neuro like this.
  11. sfsuphysics

sfsuphysics Supporting Member

I'm somewhat ashamed to say I never went to Neptune until the last meeting we had, but I do got to say it probably saved me some money as their frag section had a lot of colorful goodies. I think when I get my water parameters under control, I'm definitely going to have to spend some money there ;) Or I could do like Kris and just set up a frag tank and start growing now.

denzil likes this.
  12. tr1gger

tr1gger Keyboard Cowboy

A few weeks ago I was given a pair of Darwin Clowns by @jellygeee while at his house. @Kmooresf and I broke down his tank for Kris' new frag tank (COMING SOON ;))

Anyways, thanks again Jellygeee for these guys, they are beautiful and I was happy to re-home them. I am happy to say they just today started hosting my Rainbow BTA. Super stoked. Here is a Cell Phone shot of the male. When I get close to the tank they think its time to eat and scurry to the top.

[​IMG]

bee505, Nav, Kmooresf and 1 other person like this.
  13. Kmooresf

Awesome! Great pic.

14. tr1gger

tr1gger Keyboard Cowboy

Really enjoying this tenuis. This is about a years growth from just one little nub.

[​IMG]

Nav and Kmooresf like this.
  15. DapG8Gt

DapG8Gt Guest

That tenius looks nice man especially the professional watermark =)

How's the tank coming, Any recent FTS? Looks like it's rocking from the last few pics.

tr1gger likes this.
  16. tr1gger

tr1gger Keyboard Cowboy

Its going good. I haven't really added any corals in quite a few months. Still learning a lot about SPS keeping and dosing. My lights are extremely difficult to dial in. No FTS since I don't really think its ready :)

You can come see it whenever though.

17. tr1gger

tr1gger Keyboard Cowboy

Picked up a nice 2" Purple Tang from Aquatic Collection. I am not much of a fish photographer so this was about the best I could do.

I took my time on picking which tang I wanted. I ended up with exactly what I wanted ;)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 25, 2015
    Nav, Kmooresf and jonmos75 like this.
  18. Enderturtle

Enderturtle Volunteer

Dude that purple tang looks NICE. I love the striations. How much was it there?

tr1gger likes this.
  19. jonmos75

jonmos75 Supporting Member

Awwww.....I really miss my Purple Tang (RIP).....It looked a lot like yours.....

BTW....Very nice colors on your Tang!!!

tr1gger likes this.
  20. Coral reefer

Coral reefer President

Beauty

tr1gger likes this.