Cali Kid Corals

Tropic Marin Salt on order!

From Tropic Marin:
======================
Dear Tropic Marin Customer,

Tropic Marin has seen dramatic increase in demand over the past year. To meet this increase, we have been working hard at expanding our manufacturing capabilities. We have added additional mixing capacity to our existing facilities in Germany. We have also opened a new mixing facility located in Turkey. All our facilities utilize the same stringent Quality Control protocols. We are now, finally starting to see the results of those efforts by increased flow of product into the US. We are confident you will see our supply chain being able to be much more responsive to your needs in the coming months.

That all being said, shipping has now become the overriding issue causing stress on the supply side. In addition to scheduling difficulties, shipping costs from Europe have increased, in some cases, by factors of 200% and 300%. For this reason, we will be adding a shipping surcharge to container orders, as well as orders from our domestic warehouse. In anticipation of distributors raising wholesale prices to offset those charges, Tropic Marin is issuing a new Retail MAP list (see attached). We hope this new MAP pricing will compensate for any wholesale increases that are coming.

This new MAP scheme will be effective as of May 1st, 2021. We know this is an unusually short period of time to put new MAP in place. We hope you can respond in turn, so that all retail outlets can be on equal ground. We are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause. We sincerely hope this MAP change will end up being a temporary measure that can be reversed when shipping costs return to pre-pandemic conditions.

Thank you for your patience and understanding. Please contact us with any questions you might have about these changes”

It’s $.11 cheaper on BRS. I’m going there instead.

Just kidding. They never seem to have it in stock anyway. @robert4025, I really miss having a quality reef store near by. Nothing I’ve seen here in Colorado comes close to Neptune Aquatics.

Yup, new price from BRS
1619125238674.png

@robert4025 I really miss the old Microbelift salt. is this TMS better?
The equivalent salt for Microbelift salt is Fritz Blue RPM box. Fritz used that formula to make salt for Microbelift so when Microbelift no longer want to get into salt, Fritz took the formula back and came out with their RPM with slight improvements. I was the first shop to made the switch over to Fritz years ago when I was sourcing Microbelift during the transition period.

Tropic Marin is better quality salt though. It’s the benchmark of salt that other brands try to measured up to. It’s a very very refined salt. That’s fine it’s so expensive.

Back