Kessil

Tropic Marin's All for Reef / Neptune Stock?

Does anybody know if Neptune carries Tropic Marin's All for Reef? (looks like they are a tropic marin dealer) If they do I would drive down but hard to justify gas just to go see. Thx

Does anybody know if Neptune carries Tropic Marin's All for Reef? (looks like they are a tropic marin dealer) If they do I would drive down but hard to justify gas just to go see. Thx
Yes they do. They recently got tropic marine shipment ad part of club bulk buy. So I know they do have now .

Well damn, guess I was wrong... they no longer do have that ancient technology :D
Yeh when I asked them why, they said most of the calls they had during the day is "are you guys open" calls and it was distracting the staff from customers in store or have to let phone ring without an answer. Either way bad customer experience so they took it off. And instead they update almost on daily basis on their fb

Their reasons for not having a phone are pretty much the same reasons why everyone with a job with a phone finds it annoying and would like to unplug it. But they don’t, because sometimes your customers need to be able to talk to you before driving an hour to you.

I don’t think they are good enough reasons, and it’s the main reason I wind up not shopping there much, as someone who doesn’t live nearby. Takes a solid 5/5 store and makes it 4/5, and more importantly turns them from a Bay Area store to a San Jose store. Oh well.

Yeah pretty much what John said, for me Neptune is a San Jose store, and a 1 hour or so drive time (one way) when there's zero traffic makes it a luxury stop not something I'm going to use to fulfill all my reefing needs.

I just traveled from the city of saratoga, to the city of san Jose to visit neptune...
They just tanked a nice indo shipment. Some really nice cherries are there now
Picked up a blue tenuis and rose milli.
Best store in bay area for me. Used to travel from santa Clara and sunnyvale to the city of San jose for Neptune. Also used to travel to other stores much further, but ended up settling in Neptune...

Last edited:
I know they have a great reputation, just havent been able to make it down there given the distance. With that said, I don’t have any great options less than 30-45 minutes away anymore since aquarium concepts in dublin closed.

Back