Our mission

Tropic Marin's All for Reef / Neptune Stock?

I know they have a great reputation, just havent been able to make it down there given the distance. With that said, I don’t have any great options less than 30-45 minutes away anymore since aquarium concepts in dublin closed.
Just came back from there. Their current indo shipment is good, Lps, sps and fish

yeah, going in there for fresh water stuff, years and years ago, and seeing all the reef stuff is what sparked my interest even though I waited until this year to start a reef tank.
Unfortunately you just missed our group buy if the tropic marine salt. We got a nice discount from Neptune and secured 20 buckets where other retailers have shortage on the salt..

Last edited:
I wasn’t looking for salt just for their “all for reef” essential minerals two-part. (It’s actually 1 part.)

Realized my alk has been low for awhile and read some good things about this. Thought it could be an easy solution requiring only one pump for a small nano, rather than dosing two part. Fall back if I can’t find it will be using bionic.

I wasn’t looking for salt just for their “all for reef” essential minerals two-part. (It’s actually 1 part.)

Realized my alk has been low for awhile and read some good things about this. Thought it could be an easy solution requiring only one pump for a small nano, rather than dosing two part. Fall back if I can’t find it will be using bionic.
Oh shot sorry that I do not know, inwoild have asked while I was there..
I think @Rostato is that product also. I wonder where he get his stocks from..

BRS and MD are both out of stock online. Premium Aquatics has it but shipping options aren’t great. (and doing daily water changes to keep alk up is getting old...haha. Not horrible, since it is only a 7g tank, but old never the less.

BRS and MD are both out of stock online. Premium Aquatics has it but shipping options aren’t great. (and doing daily water changes to keep alk up is getting old...haha. Not horrible, since it is only a 7g tank, but old never the less.
I think there are some recipes to mix your own with raw ingredients from BRS if you’re feeling up to the DIY chemistry. You could also just do baking soda like @NanoCrazed... but please do some independent research before taking my advice, I’m a rookie still

I think there are some recipes to mix your own with raw ingredients from BRS if you’re feeling up to the DIY chemistry. You could also just do baking soda like @NanoCrazed... but please do some independent research before taking my advice, I’m a rookie still
I don't mind the chemistry bit, the part I mind is DIY work part. Looking for the easiest and “lasting” solution I can find. Biggest disadvantage of the tropic Marin stuff is the cost. On a 7g tank it is pretty insignifican.

Appreciate the response though....I may just get some small bottles of bionic and manually dose until I find a longer term solution if Neptune doesn’t have it.

I don’t think they have it but BRS gets it regularly. Sign up for the stock alert and get it as soon as it’s there. I bought their DIY kit, so I mix it myself. When I run out, I’m going to start using 2 part.

I don't mind the chemistry bit, the part I mind is DIY work part. Looking for the easiest and “lasting” solution I can find. Biggest disadvantage of the tropic Marin stuff is the cost. On a 7g tank it is pretty insignifican.

Appreciate the response though....I may just get some small bottles of bionic and manually dose until I find a longer term solution if Neptune doesn’t have it.
If all you need is alk, then all you need is baking soda. Really that simple. And cheap.

If you need pH with the alk then bake the baking soda to make soda ash (or live on the edge like I do and use arm&hammer washing soda)

Within the last ~month I submitted a couple questions to Neptune through their website contact form and they responded to both within 1 or 2 days. Might be worth it to give that a shot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just want to provide an update. I IM'd neptune last night via their facebook site, and they got back to me within 5 minutes. It was 11:30 at night....probably, got lucky, but still was very nice of them to respond. It wasn't a one word answer either and they seemed very willing to discuss over IM.

They didn't have the product, but I checked BRS again and they had it. Either I missed it somehow, or they just got it in. Anyway, I ordered and it should be here mid next week hopefully. In the meantime I think I might follow nano crazed advice and use sodium bicarb from the fridge.

Just want to provide an update. I IM'd neptune last night via their facebook site, and they got back to me within 5 minutes. It was 11:30 at night....probably, got lucky, but still was very nice of them to respond. It wasn't a one word answer either and they seemed very willing to discuss over IM.

They didn't have the product, but I checked BRS again and they had it. Either I missed it somehow, or they just got it in. Anyway, I ordered and it should be here mid next week hopefully. In the meantime I think I might follow nano crazed advice and use sodium bicarb from the fridge.
Once you start, ypu won't go back :). Cheap and effective.

I get great results personally. If you need pH adjustments then bake the baking soda. You get 0.63 soda ash per starting quantity of baking soda.

Personally, unless you're using a doser, the soda ash route isn't that worthwhile since the tank system will hit equilibrium with the air and pH will get normalized. If it's too hot to bake, then consider arm&hammer washing soda so as long as purity isn't a concern. The MSDS shows water and soda ash but could be trace things in it. I've been using this lately and tank's been good. But the baking soda route can't be beat...used this for like ever. Good way to upcycle spent baking soda from the fridge and cabinets too.

Back