Kessil

Volunteer's for booth for BAR

Yanno what, talking with the wife about stuff she needs to do, I think I'll cover a 2-3 or 3-4 shift or something since it seems there are going to be plenty of people there early.

Or if it's just pamphlets on a table, I'll cover the table whenever I get there :D

i'm heading down after a kids birthday party. Not sure on my time frame. (so hard for me to commit) but I will definetly swing by our booth and help if i can. I'll be the guy wearing a BAR T-shirt :D

Big thanks to Dave @2manyhobbies and sounds like mike @sfsuphysics for manning the table all day. Was a fun event the brief time I had there, hope they get a bigger venue in the future!
What you didn't like the heat? The pH of those tanks must have been super low. Most of them had little to no surface agitation so that the customers could see them clearly. And then the co2 in the room was probably really high.

Well I relieved Dave at around 2pm, seemed like "manning the table" involved telling people about the raffle stuff though, Arnold was also there but there really wasn't much manning to be needed IMO, talked to one new member who asked about the upcoming swap (apparently not sticked in the events area yet?), but other than that help Steve and the NVR guys call out raffle numbers, upside is we got $117 worth of raffle money, well I should say *I* got it mwuahahahahaha. I feel really bad for the NVR guys, they bought a Hydra 26 HD for like $350 or so, and they didn't even come close to breaking even on it.

And Steve was talking to me about the August 5th show, it'll be in Saratoga and a much larger venue supposedly. I wouldn't be surprised if they were simply testing the waters to see if

Well I relieved Dave at around 2pm, seemed like "manning the table" involved telling people about the raffle stuff though, Arnold was also there but there really wasn't much manning to be needed IMO, talked to one new member who asked about the upcoming swap (apparently not sticked in the events area yet?), but other than that help Steve and the NVR guys call out raffle numbers, upside is we got $117 worth of raffle money, well I should say *I* got it mwuahahahahaha. I feel really bad for the NVR guys, they bought a Hydra 26 HD for like $350 or so, and they didn't even come close to breaking even on it.

And Steve was talking to me about the August 5th show, it'll be in Saratoga and a much larger venue supposedly. I wouldn't be surprised if they were simply testing the waters to see if

Steve said that it will be at West Valley College.

They need to have it more central like Alameda
Central to what? There were people who came from the Stockton area, Sacramento Area, Fresno, a bunch of Monterey guys (and gals) hell even talked to someone who came up from LA (now that was an eye opener since I thought they had these types of things down there all the time)

That said, I liked the location because I didn't have to pay any bridge toll to get there :)

Great selection of corals I thought. Some high end to low end. Something for everyone. In the beginning the place was so packed you couldn't see anything ( great for the vendors ) but after a bit it became easier to get in. Thank you to Dave and Mike ( and anyone else I didnt see ) man the booth.

Mike did a bang up job manning that booth even though there wasn't really anything there. Felt like he was part of the crew that was supposed to throw on the show... :rolleyes:

Had some far away folks there for sure. Overheard some conversations and there were folks from as far away as Portland, OR. There was another couple from SoCal (not sure if they're the same ones that Mike spoke to) that was checking to see how the sticks would do on their 6 hour drive back to LA.

Back