Neptune Aquatics

Walt D.

Mine are the same colors as your's though I'm closer to 60%

These are from my colony but under Radions. Different tank and regiment. Does water changes religious my, once every week. I wonder if it's a element difficency in our tank?
Did you see any elements that were too high or low in your ICP test? I haven’t. Maybe it’s the extra UV the Radions provide?

Are all those from the same mother colony? @Chromis mentioned getting hers from Tim.

Mine came from Tim as well. He has two sources that he is growing, one from JKR and one from Cornbred. He is pretty sure they are actually from the same colony, but doesn't know for a fact.

Mine is the Cornbred lineage.

Mine is very green as well with light blue tips. It grows well so i hate to mess with it and I have no other spot to move it to anyway. Mine was from Tim's colony as well. It started as the standard 1" frag and is now a nice 7" colony that's been fragged a number of times for swaps and members. My tank also doesn't do yellows. I did an ICP test two weeks ago and the results are in another thread.

My original piece came from Tim and was of JKR lineage. I'm not sure about CB and how hairy that sucker looks. It would be interesting to stick them both together and see if they fuse to verify if they are indeed from the same mother.

I split my piece from Tim with a friend in SoCal. He went through some rough patches with his tank and it's finally recovering and doing well. The WD took a hit, but here it is as of today.
tri_jkr_wd.jpg

T5 lighted tank with generic NoPox (8mL maintenance daily) and heavy feeding (40 drops of oyster feast daily). The regimen along with 17 fish in the 90 gallon nets him 2-5 PPM nitrates.

My original piece came from Tim and was of JKR lineage. I'm not sure about CB and how hairy that sucker looks. It would be interesting to stick them both together and see if they fuse to verify if they are indeed from the same mother.

I split my piece from Tim with a friend in SoCal. He went through some rough patches with his tank and it's finally recovering and doing well. The WD took a hit, but here it is as of today.
tri_jkr_wd.jpg

T5 lighted tank with generic NoPox (8mL maintenance daily) and heavy feeding (40 drops of oyster feast daily). The regimen along with 17 fish in the 90 gallon nets him 2-5 PPM nitrates.

If you have a little nub of the JKR you'd be willing to provide, I can make a little frag and put them on a plug and see what happens.

Mine is very green as well with light blue tips. It grows well so i hate to mess with it and I have no other spot to move it to anyway. Mine was from Tim's colony as well. It started as the standard 1" frag and is now a nice 7" colony that's been fragged a number of times for swaps and members. My tank also doesn't do yellows. I did an ICP test two weeks ago and the results are in another thread.
Your ICP test looked OK too. What corals aren’t yellow that are supposed to be yellow (besides WD)?

I wasn’t aware bubblegum digi get yellow tips, has anyone ever seen one look yellow in person? Most I’ve seen are light greenish yellow. Here’s mine under more blue lighting (looks green to me).
d89740822919e97e31f1a9d72cc3468e.jpg

Maybe you’re just not running heavy enough blues or we all need to get Radions for Black Friday!

Slimeball gets more highlighter green/yellow versus a true yellow on the sandbed. Haven't really try blasting it with light.

2018_08_23_slimeball_anacropora.jpg

Have you seen a yellow anacropora in person? I just ordered some ATI actinic T5 bulbs to replace my ATI “blue plus” bulbs. I didn’t like the greenish cast of the “blue plus” and I wonder if the UV increase from the actinic bulbs will help bring more color out of the WD.

763f7403cfaa57c5f34514fffa1588e7.jpg

4949edfeac027cbaebf90bb44dc19679.jpg

Back