Jestersix

Waterbox Cube 20G

Ibn

From a buddy of mine down in SoCal. First time that he's cut his mother, which is pretty old (3-4 years old). 2 frags were cut from the massive mother (somewhere in the 3.5" range diameter). This one was shipped to me and the other was sold in SoCal.

Ibn

Will do but it might not happen for a long time, if ever, since he's never cut it before and originally it was supposed to be a trade against another deepwater ric that never panned out.

It's interesting to see it in the tank in comparison with the other two ricordeas that I have, one florida and one yuma. The polyps on this deepwater is more substantial than the rainbow florida and it has more substance in comparison to my bounce yuma.

Chromis

Supporting Member
Welcome back! Wow already your nano has higher end equipment than any of my tanks :) and as always exquisite taste in corals. The Neptune tenuis with orange polyps is crazy. If you need some red I have a maleficent for you.

Ibn

Welcome back! Wow already your nano has higher end equipment than any of my tanks :) and as always exquisite taste in corals. The Neptune tenuis with orange polyps is crazy. If you need some red I have a maleficent for you.
Thanks Liz! I'm trying to recover a maleficent that was given to me in rather poor shape at the moment. It barely made it through the melafix dip and has been iffy since then. Hopefully it'll make it through.

Ibn

Not much happening. Colors are coming in, coralline showing up, and alk is slowly being consumed. Been dropping the effluent down to target levels since I had to up it awhile back, when I noticed that the demand wasn't so high, after clearing out some corals. Also been dosing potassium nitrates at ~1 ppm daily to keep it detectable.
1623782357053.png