Kessil

What did you get at the CFM?

Chromis

Supporting Member
I picked up a stellaria chalice from zoanthids.com and another gold Indo micro hammer from another vendor. I have a bad habit of buying a coral I like and then I realize when I get home that I have basically the same coral already, but this one might have more green along with the gold - we’ll see.

Anyway, after CFM I went by Neptune’s and found a real gem - this is a new Indo hammer. It has gold stems and teal tips - similar coloring to an Aussie gold torch, but in a hammer. I believe it will just gain color with time, and I’d recommend to snag one before it gets the high end price tag it deserves.
1cec8938d0e97cd8e0b466a95010f8ad.jpg

Also found a crazy hot pink acro with brightly colored polyps at Neptune. For $20. [emoji2962]
55ac8002006b74557571bcd10bdbe0c2.jpg

I picked up a stellaria chalice from zoanthids.com and another gold Indo micro hammer from another vendor. I have a bad habit of buying a coral I like and then I realize when I get home that I have basically the same coral already, but this one might have more green along with the gold - we’ll see.

Anyway, after CFM I went by Neptune’s and found a real gem - this is a new Indo hammer. It has gold stems and teal tips - similar coloring to an Aussie gold torch, but in a hammer. I believe it will just gain color with time, and I’d recommend to snag one before it gets the high end price tag it deserves.
1cec8938d0e97cd8e0b466a95010f8ad.jpg

Also found a crazy hot pink acro with brightly colored polyps at Neptune. For $20. [emoji2962]
55ac8002006b74557571bcd10bdbe0c2.jpg
I also got one of these acros yeaterday it beautiful

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I took my first step towards SPS with a bird’s nest. Also got a blue sponge from @JVU, some Spitfire Zoas from @RandyC and a gorgeous rainbow BTA from @MarAquatic.

It was a fun event! My wife and I were like kids in a candy store.

60198011c1d1d58daa429280cceec5c9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I kept it pretty low key... mostly.

I got a jb from Rostato, but then one of the vendors offere a nickel sized jb with a baby for $50. Had to jump on that!

Also got a 2P utter chaos frag to rebuild my colony... these two was brighter than an I've see even amongst the ones DcCorals had.

Aaand best part was I managed to pick up a really nice DPV from @euod at his booth (Aquarium Tek) :)

My biggest struggle though was i waffled back and forth on whether or not to pick up a 1.25" beserker bounce... I lost one before so wanted to replace it. But end of the day, I decided to pass it up. Berserkers can be nice but nowhere as nice as some of the other options out there. (though I go back an form...when berserkers are nice, they are really nice and striking but others can be bland, and bubbles are usually white)

And of course, a bunch of DBTC from generous BAR members! :)

On a related side note -- looks like the DBTC blue sympodium frag I left for @Cheedo might have been picked up accidentally at CFM. No worries... If you happen to have it, please register your frag on my DBTC thread so I know who to hunt down for a replacement. :)

I'll make another frag fro Cheedo when I have a moment.

I bought a membership to BAR. 1st off I want to thank the hardworking members who gave me excellent information about Bar and instantly sparked my interest. Thank you and hope to many years of gaining reefing knowledge.
also where do I pick up the coral glue J/K
It was a pleasure thanks again

I bought a membership to BAR. 1st off I want to thank the hardworking members who gave me excellent information about Bar and instantly sparked my interest. Thank you and hope to many years of gaining reefing knowledge.
also where do I pick up the coral glue J/K
It was a pleasure thanks again
Welcome to the family

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Pretty successful shopping trip over here! Finally got my hands on a good sized red anacropora frag! Hopefully will be able to DBTC this thing soon.

Couple nice acros, gonis.

And a red rhodactis (sanctithomae maybe?), but may get a better ID once it settles in and goes fluffy:
IMG_1135-M.jpg

Got all sticks (again....)

Reef Raft Wonderland
CFM_Frags_purchased_20200208_7797.jpg

MattV Rainbow Envy
CFM_Frags_purchased_20200208_7794.jpg

Reef Raft Red Wing
CFM_Frags_purchased_20200208_7796.jpg

Unique Corals Wonderland
CFM_Frags_purchased_20200208_7851.jpg

Coralicious Candyland
CFM_Frags_purchased_20200208_7793.jpg

Defugium Sweettart (My dipping regimen might have been a little rough on this one and I'm not sure if it'll make it - already lost some color since I bought it)
CFM_Frags_purchased_20200208_7792.jpg

Not from a vendor, but I ended up trading a frag for a BKChem Dr. Suess from a hobbyist
CFM_Frags_purchased_20200208_7795.jpg

Pretty successful shopping trip over here! Finally got my hands on a good sized red anacropora frag! Hopefully will be able to DBTC this thing soon.

Couple nice acros, gonis.

And a red rhodactis (sanctithomae maybe?), but may get a better ID once it settles in and goes fluffy:
IMG_1135-M.jpg
That is indeed a St. Thomas...a very nice one at that!

Oh yea completely low key! What clownfish will get this gem?
The DPV is throwing me in a bit of a quandry on that front. I had setup my recently acquired WB20 for a single nem show tank and had plan on putting in one of either my Wyoming whites or gladiators.

The running choice was a unique half green / half yellow GBTA i have in my wild tank. But now that i have a DPV, that may change.

I absentmindedly release my BTA krakens from my bta holding tank into my display late last night. 10"+ RBTAs... in hindsight, i should have held off and put in the DPV there instead. The occ that's in there loves burrowing into one of the monsters though.

So for now, the DPV is in its own holding tank for the night so i can check the rock it came on for other unintended guests. I might make that 3.7G nano its permanent home with only the DPV, rock, and nothing else...and put it on my desk in the office alongside my IM20

The DPV is throwing me in a bit of a quandry on that front. I had setup my recently acquired WB20 for a single nem show tank and had plan on putting in one of either my Wyoming whites or gladiators.

The running choice was a unique half green / half yellow GBTA i have in my wild tank. But now that i have a DPV, that may change.

I absentmindedly release my BTA krakens from my bta holding tank into my display late last night. 10"+ RBTAs... in hindsight, i should have held off and put in the DPV there instead. The occ that's in there loves burrowing into one of the monsters though.

So for now, the DPV is in its own holding tank for the night so i can check the rock it came on for other unintended guests. I might make that 3.7G nano its permanent home with only the DPV, rock, and nothing else...and put it on my desk in the office alongside my IM20
Oh, and of course, i have a pair of lightenings that might get the DPV as their new home, depending on which tank I settle on for the DPV... :)

I'd be curious to see a photo of the DPV, as it stands now I'm extremely skeptical of anyone claiming they have a DPV for sale, even if I knew the person.

Back