Kessil

What little thing in reefkeeping changed your life?

On the flip side, I've mopped the kitchen floor more often than anyone else!

And yeah, the Home Depot "Bucket head" wet/dry vac is a lifesaver!

V

I just got an RODI system and set it up last week. I didn't realize how much waste water it puts out. I ran it into a 5 gallon bucket, and the pure water into another 5 gallon bucket. My first thought was, "Make sure you check back frequently so the waste bucket doesn't overflow!"

It overflowed.

I cleaned it up, put the waste line back into its bucket, and started it up again.

Then I looked up, right next to the RODI system and behind the washer, and went, "Oh. Right. There's a *drain* right there."

I just got an RODI system and set it up last week. I didn't realize how much waste water it puts out. I ran it into a 5 gallon bucket, and the pure water into another 5 gallon bucket. My first thought was, "Make sure you check back frequently so the waste bucket doesn't overflow!"

It overflowed.

I cleaned it up, put the waste line back into its bucket, and started it up again.

Then I looked up, right next to the RODI system and behind the washer, and went, "Oh. Right. There's a *drain* right there."
Normal operation is 3-4:1 waste:product. This is one of the main reasons why I suggest people run multiple membranes in series with the waste from one going to the input of the next. As long as you have enough pressure it works great. I use three membranes and get just about 1:1.

Normal operation is 3-4:1 waste:product. This is one of the main reasons why I suggest people run multiple membranes in series with the waste from one going to the input of the next. As long as you have enough pressure it works great. I use three membranes and get just about 1:1.

Unfortunately the water pressure at my current place is only ~50 PSI, so I'd probably need to get a booster pump for that. I'll look into that later on for sure, though!

Unfortunately the water pressure at my current place is only ~50 PSI, so I'd probably need to get a booster pump for that. I'll look into that later on for sure, though!
i get 60-65 psi from the city line but it drops to 40 when cold... so will def need to throw a booster at higher production levels.

@Coral reefer how much psi you think it needed to get 1:1? assuming you have 3 75 GPD chained up in series?

Back