Jestersix

Where to buy a Custom Starphire Tank in Bay Area???

jeffncindy - The Elos distributor is located in Pleasonton and that's where I bought the tank. The pricing on Phishy will give you an idea of what it'll cost. However, once you go custom, so does the price. :D

Make sure you let Gen know what kind of bracing you want. ie. euro or normal bracing. Euro bracing will cost a lot more.

how much is your budget? it sounds like this is your first upgrade. this guy just picked up a 156g $1200 with stand. i called the shop he got it from and its under 1k for the setup. for a 120g

I'm interested in seeing how this shakes out.

I saw my dream tank at All About Fish today. 210g, 72 x 24 x 29.5 tall. Tank with two overflows plus very nice looking canopy and stand was 1800.

I've looked around for ways to get quotes from tank companies, but to no avail. For instance, I just googled "elos" and "pleasanton" and couldn't get elos's website (although I did get directions). Can people please copy/paste links to their favorite tank manufacturer/quote-giver? Thanks.

Yeah I know what tank you are talking about I like that tank. But if you buy it this month it is only 1620. All tanks and stands are 10% off for the month of October right now there.

not to side track but whats so hot about these elos tanks? i saw this dude w/ the 160xl and it was bowing. not a little but noticeably.. eurobrace for me :)

I think the Elos tanks are just that, rimless, so they have this illusion of looking sleek, to me glass is glass, as long as it's not a crappy job siliconing it together it's all the same to me... and it's the little things that make people lean one way or another, center bracing, eurobracing, rimless, etc.

[quote author=bluenassarius link=topic=4740.msg57839#msg57839 date=1223409349]
not to side track but whats so hot about these elos tanks? i saw this dude w/ the 160xl and it was bowing. not a little but noticeably.. eurobrace for me :)
[/quote]

It's made in Italy not US LMAO ;D ..

So far...

- Oceanic Tech 105 meets these specs standard; Retail Store in Lancaster, PA will sell for $543.99 this month. Not sure if they will ship yet. Wouldn't be under warranty if I did. Model... "236155 105 Gal. Ultimate Reef Ready - Black $543.99". Still trying to find a store local I can buy this one from; not sure what local marked up price will be.
- Elmers Aquarium in PA sells the Oceanic Tech 105 Ultimate Reef Ready for $757.99 but will not ship.
- Aquatica in NC will sell the Oceanic Tech 105 for $599.99 but does not like the idea of shipping it. Warranty voided if I do. Warranty only good on tank if shipped from Manufacturer to retail location.
- Glasscages carries these specs standard at $632 + shipping (but have been hearing bad stories on these guys)

So far it looks as the Oceanic Tech will be my best bet but need to find a local or semi-local FS that will order one in for me. ...or get someone to make one for me custom at a comparable price.

Gen at Kritter Products can do it in Acrylic for $1000
Truvu carries these specs standard in Acrylic for $900 + Free Shipping
Tenecor carries these specs standard in Acrylic for $1010

Still waiting on a few quotes but that is what I have so far.

THats what I am doing my homework on as we speak. Theres a few glass suppliers in Hayward. I wasn't really trying to start my tank building company yet but prices for this stuff is getting so ridiculous from manufacturers. I know my guys can build glass and acrylic tanks, I just need to get all the right building equipment. I have been talking to some of my retired tank companies and they are sending down all the polishers, sanders, and other glass equipment they have in storage in the next few months. Now all we need is a good CNC machine to do all the acrylic. We usually order glass and acrylic tanks from certain MFG but now I guess we will be doing it ourselves in the near future.

Back