Neptune Aquatics

Where to get black spa flex ?

I bought about 10' of the white spa flex for the frag tank at Lowes. Since I have a white FRP background the spa flex blends in alot better than the black or grey I was going to get. :bigsmile:

GreshamH said:
iani said:
I used about 50 feet of spaflex on my tank. I can tell you there is some sort of residue in the spaflex that knocked down my skimmer head for about a week. My friend told me it was probably the releasing agent that was used when manufacturing the pvc.
For what tank volume? New tank? New skimmer?

I used 200' of 1"....100' of 2"....40' of 4" all on a 680g and had absolutly no issues. That was a quarter million dollar install.
450g total volume. I had the skimmer running with no problems before putting the display tank online. Right after I put it online it knocked down the skimmer head and I saw a oily residue on the surface of the water. Also the inside of the spaflex felt a bit slippery when I checked the scrape pieces that I had left over.

Always rinse any pvc products before you use it for your aquarium. That said, any pvc or plastic is going to release ickies for a while. Nothing to really worry bout IMO.

Back