Jestersix

Who's feeding their reef?

nash

Ray in Fremont give me a jar of Reef chili when I picked up some fish from him and I just started to use it. Been a week or so and seem to notice more growth in my sps. I know how can I tell it’s only a week. :p But are most of you reef using some type of zoo-phyto supplement ? ??? I know most of my questions are basic reefing 101 :p

No harm no foul. Ask away....

I feed roti's e.g. Rotifeast once a week, DT's Oyster Eggs when I get around to it as in when I remember.

Other than that I just feed my fish various foods - mysis, thawed cubed food, flake, pellets, or cyclop-eeze or better yet Arctic Pods.

Hmmm...I sound like an advertisement...oh well, it is what my feeding regimen is.

I feed Reef Nutrition products.

Nash, be careful that you don't fall into the fallicy of post hoc ergo propter hoc - it happened after, therefore was caused by. Your feeding could have nothing to do with the growth you are seeing, and could all be from your tank or frags stabilizing.

:D

Arctipods and Rotifeast every day :D

The montis are growing so fast that I can tell the difference from day to day.

One particular M. mollis came back from the dead with just a few patches of tissue/skeleton re-encrusting the rock. The patches have been growing together so that there's noticeably less rock visible every day.

[quote author=Thales link=topic=1843.msg17503#msg17503 date=1174020478]
I feed Reef Nutrition products.

Nash, be careful that you don't fall into the fallicy of post hoc ergo propter hoc - it happened after, therefore was caused by. Your feeding could have nothing to do with the growth you are seeing, and could all be from your tank or frags stabilizing.

:D
[/quote]
I know each time I change,add or buy something new for the tank I say to myself that's it things are looking up. ;D
BTW:I had to lookup- Latin for "after this, therefore because of this" TGFTI :D

[quote author=Mr. Ugly link=topic=1843.msg17504#msg17504 date=1174022204]
Arctipods and Rotifeast every day :D

The montis are growing so fast that I can tell the difference from day to day.

One particular M. mollis came back from the dead with just a few patches of tissue/skeleton re-encrusting the rock. The patches have been growing together so that there's noticeably less rock visible every day.

[/quote]
PIctures................ I need to see some picture ;D Please?

Ok, here's a pic I just took of the "back from the dead" monti. Cool thing about it... this one was a totally different color when it went south on me like how the wild collected montis can do. I just left it on a pile of rubble in a quarantine tank for over a month. While cleaning up the tank, I saw there were still a few live polyps. I fragged off the live part from the rest of the dead skeleton, and this is what came back. Looks like a Superman, but with bigger and denser polyps.

DSCN1635.jpg

Here's a couple pics of the DBTC Blue Polyp Cap from Gresh.

The one I posted recently:
DSCN1618.jpg

And a quick junky one I just took this evening.
DSCN1636.jpg

[quote author=Mr. Ugly link=topic=1843.msg17512#msg17512 date=1174024099]
Ok, here's a pic I just took of the "back from the dead" monti. Cool thing about it... this one was a totally different color when it went south on me like how the wild collected montis can do. I just left it on a pile of rubble in a quarantine tank for over a month. While cleaning up the tank, I saw there were still a few live polyps. I fragged off the live part from the rest of the dead skeleton, and this is what came back. Looks like a Superman, but with bigger and denser polyps.

DSCN1635.jpg

Here's a couple pics of the DBTC Blue Polyp Cap from Gresh.

The one I posted recently:
DSCN1618.jpg

And a quick junky one I just took this evening.
DSCN1636.jpg

[/quote]Wow... That's nice Yeah looks almost like a superman :eek: Is that a rainbow? more pictures want more pictures ;D Don't be a tease---------- Show it all ;D

Yep a wild collected Rainbow in that pic.

Hard to get pics on the prop tank. Lights are very close to the water, and I get a lot of reflections.

Here are pics of a tonga acro, and a couple blue green tenuis. Cool polyp extension.

DSCN1640.jpg

DSCN1639.jpg

DSCN1638.jpg

I feed Rotifeast and phytofeast a few times a week. I have noticed that if I do it less than twice a week my zoos start to get unhappy.

-Charles

I feed mine with DTS every other day. Plus, I feed my fish red stuff (I can't remember what it's called) it's red, frozen and REALLY stinky!

Hi Holly, Cyclopeeze I bet. I use it too and Phytofeast live. I had problems when I used the newer DT reef products....that is when the algae problem started in my tank.

Without the HGH. I used HGH for about two weeks, but I noticed the acros grew lots of zits and hair. I stopped dosing when my A. Tenuis attacked my wife while she was in the shower.

Back