got ethical husbandry?

World of WarCraft

Hmm, Costco has a Gears of War bundle - I'd be tempted to get that, because playing on split screen sucks. Two XBox's for one household might be overkill though. ;)

Not to mention we have a Wii too, which I haven't had time to play much lately. Still stuck in the Forest Temple in Zelda. :p

So many games, so little time! I have too many hobbies. :D

SO I guess the general consensus here is to get the XBOX 360 rather that the PS3. The Wii is also in my list - Bonnie. I grew up on Zelda and that might be enough to make me buy the system. Though if the have the Mario Cart on Wii - I'd go to Costco right now and buy the system.

Bonnie - how much do people normally pay to train their dog for the agility course - entry level?

How ofter do you go? I might take mine to the one in SJ.

Haha, when it comes to gadgets, I have a sickness. ;)

I love the Wii - Zelda is really fun, I just haven't had time to play it much. Monkey Ball is pretty fun to play with a group of friends.

Oh Alvin, have you checked Costco.com? They have 360 bundles with games, and it looks like they're offering free shipping on some of them.

I pay $15 for a one-hour group lesson once a week. I'm not sure how much Power Paws charges, they'd likely be more, possibly up to $25-$30?

[quote author=Natterjak link=topic=1692.msg16260#msg16260 date=1172011041]
Haha, when it comes to gadgets, I have a sickness. ;)

[/quote]

http://www.geekstuff4u.com/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=&products_id=404

ROFL on the self destruct button!

Eileen, do you mean ACE dog sports? (http://acedogsports.com/index.htm) I don't know much about them, but it sounds like she also works with Power Paws (seems like everyone does).

And yes, you will get a workout!

Damn Bonnie, you offically go beyond my level of geekness, I still only have a ps2... but only because I don't have as much time as I'd like to play games.

Agility course training right in my back yard. I think I will give them a call / Email them for more information.

A try out - how come you stopped taking your dog to the class Eileen? Did you have to pay for the try out?

Bonnie, do you take your border collie to any agility course competition?

Wii - Bonnie, are you refering to "Mario Party 8" having the mario cart racing?

Hehe, well, at least I don't have a PS3. :D

Alvin, my dog and I do compete in agility, we started early last year, although I haven't been to a show since November. He has 2 of 3 legs towards each of his novice titles (JWW and STD).

As for Mario Kart, I think someone else was talking about that? I don't know anything about Mario Party 8 :)

My dog was going to daycare (yes, they do have daycare for dogs) at the time, and they were offering "after-daycare" programs. I decided to try agility as Misha spent the entire day with the same set of dogs she would be okay.

As I mentioned before to you my dog can be classified as "she runs with scissors" mentality i.e. she doesn't get along with other dogs she has dominance issues with other dogs when I'm there. She's perfectly fine with people but with other dogs it's a no go.

Shortly after the class the daycare program ended and assumably they went out of business. My dog is nine now, so trying to do agility with an older dog who has "issues" is out of the question.

Edit: I did have to pay for the classes as they were extra outside of daycare

Did you dog graduate from daycare, LOL!. Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Is there a limit to a dog's age for you to bring them to any agility course training? My sheltie is about 2.5 years old. Would she be considered a little old to train or just at the right age?

Yes, she did graduate - it was just a beginner class.

2.5 is fine - I thought you had a collie - you have a sheltie.

It's a nice good age to start them off in agility. Dogs start to settle down a little bit around this age.

Collie! ----- no, I have a AKC Shetland sheep dog (a sheep Herder from the Scottish island of Shetland). I got her from a breeder in North Dakota. But, she's rather big for a sheltie, about 17" - 18". People often mistake her for a collie pup due to her size.

What kind of a dog do you have again Eileen?

Bonnie, how long have you been training your border collie and how old is it now?

Like Eileen said, 2.5 years is about perfect, as they're starting to become more mature, and less "hair brained." ;)

My dog is nearly 4 now (crazy how time goes by), and we started when he was around 18 months old, as dogs can't do extensive jumping until that age.

Shelties do great in agility, my trainer has mostly shelties.

Back