Kessil

Wrasse Lovers Unite! What ya got?

Man this thread is making me seriously think about getting some wrasses for the 200, although I'll wait until there's a lid of some sort on the tank.

Out of curiosity, what do Flames go for these days? I remember when they first came on the scene some years back it'd be nearly $400 for a trio (1 male, 2 females) or over $200 just for the male.
depending on size, prices are a bit higher... on LiveAquaria, small juvis run $130 and large males about 4" run about $300.

I got mine for a great deal... the pair for the price of a large male... :D . couldn't say no

22fb73ff48e079620b260b3579a90dbe.jpg
the cleaner wrass

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I picked up a nice pair. The male is gorgeous and both are very confident. Thanks for letting me know where u got them.

Glad you managed to pry that last pair out of him! Lol.

Mine aren't quite warming up to pellets yet...so aren't eating but they looking interested and healthy. Plus, the clowns might be stressing them a bit even though they've decided to stop chasing the wrasses for yhe most part

Lemme know how yours go in terms of feeding

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Glad you managed to pry that last pair out of him! Lol.

Mine aren't quite warming up to pellets yet...so aren't eating but they looking interested and healthy. Plus, the clowns might be stressing them a bit even though they've decided to stop chasing the wrasses for yhe most part

Lemme know how yours go in terms of feeding

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Actually they are both eating LRS frenzy.

Actually they are both eating LRS frenzy.

OK -- spoke to Hon as well... they were eating frozen... sigh. Looks like I have to head back into the office with a cube and start working on getting them to pellets. Hopefully, I can get them to take pellets soon since I am leaving town next weekend.

Otherwise, will con a co-worker to feed my fish

Decided to move my flames home to more easily get them to accept pellets.... hoping if I put them in my shroom tank with the magma and crew, it'll be wrasse see, wrasse do as far as eating pellets. At the very least, i can fatten them up before my trip so that the pellets and pods will keep them sustained until I get back.

The nice thing about the flames loving that shroom cup is it makes bagging them super easy. I literally just put a lid on it. lmao.

Ugh. My female died on the way home.

Literally about an hour between bagging and getting home with a short stop at home depot. Even put it in a styrofoam box.

I had both male and female in same bag. The male was breathing heavily but settled the minute i released him.

Any ideas why the female expired out? Think just stress?

Ugh. My female died on the way home.

Literally about an hour between bagging and getting home with a short stop at home depot. Even put it in a styrofoam box.

I had both male and female in same bag. The male was breathing heavily but settled the minute i released him.

Any ideas why the female expired out? Think just stress?
Temp? I know you said it was in styrofoam but if it was in the sun it could have gotten too warm.

Temp? I know you said it was in styrofoam but if it was in the sun it could have gotten too warm.
Not today.. was cloudy and tad chilly. But temp was fine over all... @Edgar Sandoval had suggested maybe not enough air in the bag... might be a possibility as i had two in the same bag and the male seemed also breathing hard in the bag, although seemed ok when i bagged them given the limited time between bag and home. Another cause might be that she banged herself previously and the moving stress might have pushed her over.

Seems like today has been a bad fish mojo day. New (large) diamond goby found its way into my overflow and into the sump. Unfortunately by ways of being folded in half through the gate valve.

And just found my missing large hippo tang from my other tank stuck in a crevice that was nonconducive to long term health and survivability. Had been looking for it to move to my other system, too... sigh.

Bummer. I would’ve thought they be fine in the bag for that period of f time.

yeah -- from now on, sticking to my rule of using my large sealable OXO container for transporting fish. I have yet to lose a fish in that thing. Irony is, I had ti with me and just thought it would be an overkill today (and didn't have enough spare tank water on hand). Cost aside, I just feel bad for the fish if indeed it was lack of air and the transport that got it.

I pinged my pusher to get in a few more females though.

On the brighter side, the supermale is happily swimming with the yellow coris and magma in its new home...

I had a twinspot wrasse (Coris aygula)
from 2" to 14"
observed color metamorphosis...awesome fish
donated it to the Steinhart...bitten in half in the shallow lagoon
very bummed

Back