105 G Star fire- new tank

Discussion in 'Tank Journals' started by ReefLove, Dec 27, 2012.

1. BAYMAC

BAYMAC Guest

You've arrived at a crucial concept that most take years to arrive at :)

2. JAR

JAR Supporting Member

Well maybe 300 posts we will see water :D

3. Kensington Reefer

Kensington Reefer Supporting Member

J-
    That's cheating
    :p

4. JAR

JAR Supporting Member

:) Well maybe 300 posts we will see water.
    Double post due to dry fingers. not trying to get you there any faster. :bigsmile:

5. ReefLove

ReefLove Guest

6. ReefLove

ReefLove Guest

LOL. May be more. Getting delivery in FEB. 4-6 weeks. :(

7. BAYMAC

BAYMAC Guest

This and the other concept you posted sure put you ahead of the game in a big way :) This hobby is an attention whore at times and having strong convictions sure helps.

Like I said, I've got a pretty large reef related library if there is a book or three you want to borrow. Hit me up via PM if so.

8. ReefLove

ReefLove Guest

Now, I'm not fool enough to say no. :bigsmile: I will have to check your collection one of these days. Thanks for the offer.

9. ReefLove

ReefLove Guest

That's what my conviction is. Nature always work at its best with less intervention.

10. BAYMAC

BAYMAC Guest

:( My library resides at my office and the facility my office is at is "top secret". Some call it Algae 51 since our main business is algal paste production for aquaculture and the processes we invented, while patentable, are better kept secret by simply hiding the facility itself. I'll make a list next monday, I think I have one nearly completed :lol: I pretty much have every aquarium book in print, and out of print, since 1980. Some of the ones the really sucked (bad info) I passed along to others though :lol:

11. ReefLove

ReefLove Guest

LOL..no worries. Take your time. Just let me know which one should help me most. And we can start from there.

I will find the science article on the corals experiment with food and light.

12. BAYMAC

BAYMAC Guest

Please do, I'd LOVE to read those papers :) I haven't done much searching for peer reviewed coral work in the last two years. Normally I get feed articles from friends now :D

13. ReefLove

ReefLove Guest

Found it in my Favs. It has 7 parts.

First part- http://reefkeeping.com/issues/2002-07/eb/index.php

The one you might like most is 1st and 7th - http://reefkeeping.com/issues/2003-04/eb/index.php

14. ReefLove

ReefLove Guest

The one I was referring to was this study.

http://reefkeeping.com/issues/2002-12/eb/index.php

15. BAYMAC

BAYMAC Guest

Oh, EB's articles, got those and at one point were linked on our website. Semi useful, but pretty dated now. I don't like to use hobby writers for that type of info anymore, well, most hobbyist authors. I look to peer reviewed work. Reefkeeping never peer reviewed, but Advanced Aquarist Online does FWIW.

16. ReefLove

ReefLove Guest

But it seems to have some truth if not all. And it's 10'years old info so no biotech boom yet at that point. :)

17. ReefLove

ReefLove Guest

I read a lot. So if you know good articles. Let me know. I do my research everywhere not only on forums.

18. denzil

denzil Webmaster

I guess that means guests are required to sign NDA's? :)

I live so close to you that I should just drive on over, haha.

19. BAYMAC

BAYMAC Guest

@ReefLove

Oh for sure, there is an TON of valuable info in that series. There have been studies done that do contradict some of the old ones. I've dropped off over the last couple years as the more I learned, the more people requested I talk to their club, or at their event, and I dislike public speaking :lol:

Do you have access to the various scientific journals? Most require fairly costly subscriptions, but luckily my job allows me access to them. Some of what I have is public access, you're welcome to any of that. I'll have to figure out what is actually public access though, that may prove time consuming as I'll have to visit each website.

@Denzil

What few guests we get sign NDAs for sure. All contractors do, even our freight forwarders and shipping companies :)

You live in Santa Cruz? I'm out in Aptos now actually.

20. ReefLove

ReefLove Guest

@Baymac - How's that list coming along ? LOL