Jestersix

7 stills' tank up for auction

Yeah this would be tempting (especially for the current bid price of $100!!!!) if it wasn't for the fact I am deathly afraid of the direction PG&E rates are going and combine that with the "usage punishments" (aka baseline quantities that not many other electrical companies use) or the "ToU punishment" where it's not even just a matter of when to enjoy the tank it would take tremendous electricity to deal with the humidity. Plus I need to take a stand with my wife as far as clutter and it'd be kind of hard to do with nearly 700 gallon tank sitting in the basement.

Oh yeah there's also that tiny tiny problem of this would not fit through any doorways in my house :D

Either way, I am curious how much it goes for so I'll keep an eye on the auction.

Auctioneer has chosen not to publish the price of this lot

What kind of crap is this? I did briefly see a $225 price but not sure if there were additional last minute sniping. I thought it was required by auctions to allow viewing of prices in case there are any shenanigans on the side of the seller or auctioneer

I have a chance to buy this as winning bidder flaked and was next highest bidder. No clue how to live it. It’s a long shot, but anyone think they can help me figure it out?
We used forklifts to get it out of the truck, into the building, and up to the top of the stand then pushed it into the stand.
Is there some sort of heavy equipment I could rent or anyone I can hire? I’m at a loss. I’d have to do it by tomorrow or Thursday.

No idea how heavy that thing is, but you can rent fork lifts so that's a thing. I'd probably strap it to the stand and use a forklift to lift the stand tank as a whole and put it on a flat bed truck, strap it down and carefully drive back. You still live on that steep hill? that part would scare me the most about moving it.

Either a lot of people or specialized equipment.

I wonder if any commercial glass installers can lift it. I've seen skyscraper construction use these vacuum lifts and cranes to bring up large panes. Put a set on each side of the tank, connect to straps and use a telehandler to lift and move the tank? I have no experience with this btw, just throwing ideas.

Such an amazing tank dimension, wish there was a proper home for it. Wish I could fit it somewhere hah

Woods-PowrGrip-simplifies-glass-installation.jpg

Back