High Tide Aquatics

7 stills' tank up for auction

Either a lot of people or specialized equipment.

I wonder if any commercial glass installers can lift it. I've seen skyscraper construction use these vacuum lifts and cranes to bring up large panes. Put a set on each side of the tank, connect to straps and use a telehandler to lift and move the tank? I have no experience with this btw, just throwing ideas.

Such an amazing tank dimension, wish there was a proper home for it. Wish I could fit it somewhere hah

Woods-PowrGrip-simplifies-glass-installation.jpg
Interesting, and way beyond me to figure out. Thanks tho!

No idea how heavy that thing is, but you can rent fork lifts so that's a thing. I'd probably strap it to the stand and use a forklift to lift the stand tank as a whole and put it on a flat bed truck, strap it down and carefully drive back. You still live on that steep hill? that part would scare me the most about moving it.
How and where would I rent a forklift? And how do I get it to the tank? I also have never operated a forklift. And we used two to move it in…
If only it were that easy!

Who would you hire?

I was just curious if a yelp search would yield anything.

I found the caption kinda humorous. “We can move anything”. You should just call them up and see what they say. I’d be kind interested if they laugh at you. :)

73DC8032-4018-4FDE-84FE-90B10B5A6537.png

How and where would I rent a forklift? And how do I get it to the tank? I also have never operated a forklift. And we used two to move it in…
If only it were that easy!
Well there's United Rentals just behind Lowes off Bayshore, there's Sunbelt Rentals that's over near Palou I think, plenty of places to rent a forklift, a quick look shows just under $300 a day for a regular one, the boom lifts are a bit more. Not sure how you get it to the tank, I assume they'd drop it off, need to give them a call to find out.
As for never operating one... well one lever goes up and down, another tilts the forks, then there's forward and reverse like a car, who knows maybe they can give you a crash course (no pun intended :D). I mean knowing the weight of the tank you need to lift would definitely be something you need to take into account.

That said if you have a day or two to put this all together without having any idea of where to get the equipment... yeah you're hosed.

Putting this in a different perspective, for a tank of this size, how much of the cost is the actual glass versus the hauling + equipment + ongoing electrical bill + livestock + water + ...

I don't know myself, but I'm guessing the cost of the glass may be similar proportionally to smaller tanks, which implies the cost of this is pretty extreme. If finding someone to professionally move it is too expensive to get it, then it might not be a good purchase generally.

Putting this in a different perspective, for a tank of this size, how much of the cost is the actual glass versus the hauling + equipment + ongoing electrical bill + livestock + water + ...

I don't know myself, but I'm guessing the cost of the glass may be similar proportionally to smaller tanks, which implies the cost of this is pretty extreme. If finding someone to professionally move it is too expensive to get it, then it might not be a good purchase generally.
It’s not expense. It’s actually finding someone. Literally can’t do it

Well there's United Rentals just behind Lowes off Bayshore, there's Sunbelt Rentals that's over near Palou I think, plenty of places to rent a forklift, a quick look shows just under $300 a day for a regular one, the boom lifts are a bit more. Not sure how you get it to the tank, I assume they'd drop it off, need to give them a call to find out.
As for never operating one... well one lever goes up and down, another tilts the forks, then there's forward and reverse like a car, who knows maybe they can give you a crash course (no pun intended :D). I mean knowing the weight of the tank you need to lift would definitely be something you need to take into account.

That said if you have a day or two to put this all together without having any idea of where to get the equipment... yeah you're hosed.
Looks like I can get two forklifts delivered and picked up for just under $1000k for a day, but I wouldn’t be able to move them from the brewery to my house easily… hmmmm

Back