Acro. austera

Discussion in 'DBTC - SPS' started by tuberider, Dec 7, 2007.

statistics
No Transactions
None
Please email your web administrator with a link to this thread if you want to add this thread to the DBTC database!!
  1. seminolecpa

seminolecpa Past President

You sure that is the austera and not the burning spear?

2. kinetic

kinetic Webmaster

oh maybe... everything turned brown in my tank after a day or two, and are only now coloring up =P I have no idea which one is which.

3. tuberider

tuberider Guest

Look like the Burning Spear to me, the austera has blue polyps.

4. kinetic

kinetic Webmaster

ah ok, let me wait for things to color up before taking any more pictures and claiming them as one coral or another. I'm sure bryan gave me an austera, heck I'm on the list, I wonder which one it is...

5. Ibn

Ibn Supporting Member

Yup, that looks like the burning spear.

6. seminolecpa

It will turn more purpleish and start to get some green on the branches as it settles in. I am 99.99% sure that it is the burning spear.

7. kinetic

kinetic Webmaster

ok, is this it?
    [​IMG]

notice how things are totally brown. good news though, starting last week everything is starting to show awesome growth and colors. I basically took gresham's advice and stopped fiddling with my tank (kind of, I just ran out of things to fiddle with) and now things are happy.

8. Ibn

Ibn Supporting Member

There you go...

9. seminolecpa

yep. That's it.

FWIW i think I put some abbreviations on the bottom of plug with a sharpie. That might be helpful. I think I used BS on the burning spear and aus on the austera.

10. Ibn

Ibn Supporting Member

You know it's bad when you have to catalog your frags that way.

11. seminolecpa

Hey when some of them brown out after being fragged it make it easier to figure them out. It also helps when you grab frags when the tank lights are out to bering to a meeting. :)

12. kinetic

kinetic Webmaster

oh yeah, i remmeber you did have sharpie, I'll have a look tonight

13. Reef Keeper

Reef Keeper Guest

Hi,

This is a shot I took today after placing Bryan's Acro Austera in my display. It was photographed under the 2x175w 20k Reeflux MHs and without actinics.

When I got this cutie at our last BOD mtg, it was almost white, now it's bluing up very nicely day by day.

Thank you for the opportunity to grow this one out. :)

It's the one on the right

[​IMG]

14. kinetic

kinetic Webmaster