Jestersix

ATL green body purple polyp birds nest

I cut two pieces of ATL green body purple polyp birds nest tonight before a war broke out between it and my tabling tri-color. It's very similar to Tubs Birdsnest. They are small pieces, however the coral grows very fast. DBTC rules apply, so DBTC or I'll send Mike over to give you a Physics lecture....

[quote author=Ibn link=topic=2659.msg27781#msg27781 date=1196740679]
Does it grow tight like the ponape birds nest?
[/quote]It's a little thicker branched more like a regular pink when hit with a lot of flow.

One for Tonggao

[quote author=northbay-reefer link=topic=2659.msg27890#msg27890 date=1196909375]
Tubeman, since no one else is jumping on this, can I give it a try ?
[/quote]It's all yours.

I'll have a couple of pieces available at the BOD meeting if anyone wants any...

I know it's hard to give away coral around here...

The Milli and Hydnophora I've gotten from you are looking good in my nano. Does this need similar conditions or is it more difficult to maintain? If it's similar I'd like to try it.

Is this a thinly disguised ploy to get people to the BOD meeting ;D?

Levi it's yours.

Steve, it's a real easy coral. In fact it seems to like lower light. In regards to the "thinly disguised ploy", I can be subversive....

[quote author=patchin link=topic=2659.msg28804#msg28804 date=1198777689]
Is a frag still available? I'd like to try it.
[/quote]Yep, you got it.

It looks like my frag is developing blisters of some sort. Any ideas? I have it just above my sand, maybe 3-4 inches off the bottom of my tank. You mentioned low light hence the location. The only lower I could go would be if it was shaded somewhere.

Here is a picture of it about 10 days ago.
ATLgreenbodypurplepolypbirdsnest2.jpg

This picture is the best I could capture it.
ATLgreenbodypurplepolypATLgreenbody.jpg

Back