Our mission

Bay Area Coral Farmers Market (BACFM) Tickets on sale

The 2009 BA-CFM (Bay Area - Coral Farmers Market) is coming to the Hilton in Fremont/Newark on May 3rd. http://www.ba-cfm.com/

Thanks to Steve Tyree, we are able to offer discounted tickets to current Bar members* at only $11 ($10 + $1 to cover Paypal fees) compared to the normal "$15 per ticket, which will rise to $25 per ticket on April 5th. Tickets will be available for purchase at the door during the day event for $30.00 each."

Please make payment of $11 via paypal to paypal@bareefers.org and be sure to include your real name, forum name AND "BACFM"in the paypal notes!
Bryan will hunt you down with palyjuice and a syringe if you don't comply!

*we have a limited number of tickets, so for now we are only offering them to BAR members. Please note that tickets are unique and are matched membership names at the event check-in.

Right now, it should be 1 ticket per member name. If we have extras closer to the event date, we may open it up to guests of members, but for now, the discount is a member perk.

We only have 52 tickets and about 3x that many members.

OMG! Cinco de Mayo weekend? Doesn't this guy do any planning!?? ok.. maybe that's not a big weekend :D

Well I know for a fact I'm not going to go, so 3x-1 members :D

So I just paypaled. Never been there.

Do you think I can go home with something sweet if I spend $50?

How does the auction work? Do they use paddles or is is it silent?

Will Gresham sell coral food wholesale?

Last time I was there, not the Mother's day one *laugh*, you could definitely come home with something sweet if you spend $50. If you come later in the day, right before they close up, that's when the deals are to be had, however the ultra sweet stuff most likely will be gone but $50 might not get you any of that.

Auctions I didn't pay attention to, but it seemed to be a simple if you want to bid you raise you hand, they do have reserve prices and a few items did not go home with anyone.

Reef Nutrition did have a booth, but they were more informative, gave out some samples, etc, didn't actually sell anything, however it could be that I simply didn't ask :D

Cool, was wondering about this event, glad to see it's happening soon. Mike is right, if you are happy with nice corals that aren't necessarily rare, $50 can buy a few good pieces, especially if wait until the last hr. or so. Bring as much $$$ as you can since there is a lot of eye candy you'll want to buy.

The web site is listed on the first page of the thread, check under tickets - it says children under 12 are free I believe.

Hehe... I refuse to go to the farmer's market website.

It was full of viruses and trojans for like 2 months straight one year.

I was like, "Come on... this is the Bay Area... tech center of the universe. You can't keep your website in order?!?!?"

I don't chew with my mouth open.... so don't shove borked webpages in my face, y'know?

Back