Kessil

coral dip and bleaching

So what would be the best mix of providone and salt water for a acro dip?.. I will be picking up some new frags tonight.. Thanks guys for all the reply's.. When I first heard of this stuff and how easy and cheap it is, I posted a thread on my local reef club(CVR) and most never heard of it..

sounds like most people eye ball it to dark tea color (~0.5ml to 8oz) and simply use the tank water or container water with no acclimation.

I think the biggest thing is to make sure to turkey baste and rinse with clean water.

the the BAR Gurus put together this nice outline for dipping different coral species for different scenarios.

http://www.bareefers.org/discussion/index.php?topic=451.msg15736#msg15736

Good Luck!

Josh

.5 ml to 8oz will be about Budweiser color for light dose for montis.

You can do about .75-1.0 ml per 8oz for Liption tea color for acros.

FW iodine dips were pretty much just for zoas. I don't like that for zoas any more myself. If you do use FW, note that protopalys like Nuclear Green and Purple Death don't like FW.

[quote author=Mr. Ugly link=topic=4320.msg52746#msg52746 date=1218970267]
Nice.

I've accidently left montis in the light dip for 5 hours without problem :D
[/quote]

Must have been a superman monti.

my superman isnt doing too hot. i think im going to take him out of QT and put him in the 45 gal... my acro is still bleached looking. it looks like its just a green skeleton, but theres this weird part that still looks blue green, im hoping thats flesh, and that it will be ok.

Bennett Tort? it's beautiful!

Back