High Tide Aquatics

DBTC Purple Death paly

Day Three of the BAR madness.

I'm putting in a couple of frags with at least 2 to 3 heads per frag. It is brown out right now because I have it at the very top of my rock with lot of flow. It spread faster under that condition. It will color back up if you put it a low light. And here are the rules:

- you are a BAR member
- you agree that you are going to put 2 frags of this PD to DBTC before selling or trading it.
- you can pick it up at the next BAR meeting.

Sorry, for the bad picture, it is the only picture I can fine right now.

purple-death-crop.jpg

I've spoken for at least 3 corals during this BAR blitz. So if you want to give it to someone else, that's cool. But I would love one. Just lmk Perry

What Patchin said. Infact, I only want a first gen IF they aren't taken up. Otherwise, I'm just dropping in to tag for second gen :)

This is a first come first serve DBTC thread. But if you have not received a single DBTC I will cut another frag for you.

Order List:
Pat
Alvin
Gomer

Okay, I'll bring the three frags this coming saturday. 2 of the frags have 2 large head with 3 to 4 babies. The other frag only have one head -- I can't add another head on this this frag cause my PD mother colony started to develop some form of fungia after I did the last frag.

I might have some frags at the next meeting and will post here if so. THis paly is so variable. I've seen it in many tanks and the size ranges from1-2cm diameter and brown to purple (from the side, not top down). For me it is small and purple.

I just got a frag from Patchin and they are about the size of a dime and on the brown side. I have them pretty high up so hopefully they purple up.

I can make 2 frags for 2 people

1) must be at Dec Meeting

2) link your tank journal in your request post

3a) If you drink beer, tell me your favorite and why
or
3b) If you don't drink beer, tell me your favorite coffee bean/brand/roast and why
or
3c) if you don't like either of those, humor me with a funny youtube video :-D

Oh!!!

1. I will be at the meeting
2. Tank links in sig

3a. My favorite beer. I'm a total beer snob BTW.
It's a toss up between Heady Topper by Alchemist Pub & Brewery up in Vermont and Trappist Westvleteren 12 by Brouwerij Westvleteren (Sint-Sixtusabdij van Westvleteren).
I got to sample Heady Topper at the Extreme Beer Festival in 2005. My tasting notes:
By far my favorite brew at EBF! I think I went back to their table about 3 times... Pretty light in appearence, excellent head and retention in my little 5oz cup... Extremely drinkable Double IPA, very green tasting, fresh raw hop and hop oil, nice bitter punch in the middle, perfect smokey/sweet aftertaste... Great brew!

And my Westvleteren tasting notes:
The time has come for me to review this very highly anticipated beer.... I hope I do well.

There is so much going on in this brew I don't know where to start. I'll just do the standard.

Serving type: 12oz bottle, yellow cap with 30/07/01 printed on the cap.

Appearance: Brown with a hint of some red in there, white silky smooth head with freckles of dark brown sediment floating on top of the head. Ridiculous lacing. Hundreds of streams of steady moving carbonation is stiring up all this sediment making for something I have never seen before. This is incredible, this beer is alive and kicking. I don't think a 5 justifies the way this beer looks, this is godlike.

Smell: Alcohol, exotic fruit, cherries, grapes, honey, and wheat bread

Taste: So smooth and velvety, cherries, sweet bread, raisins, some spiciness, some more bread and wheat flavors, more sweetness. My mouth is watering for more of this heavenly brew after every sip I take.

Mouthfeel: The smoothest brew I have ever had. It covers the pallate so smoothly it leaves everyone of your tastebuds earning for more.

Drinkability: I don't think I could take down more than a couple of these. At 10% and 8-10$ a bottle the drinkability score drops a bit but by far one if not the best beer I have ever tried.

Serving type: bottle

Reviewed on: 08-20-2004 01:05:38

I'm big on the extreme IPA's. Since moving to CA, I really miss Dogfish head 60 minute IPA, Victory Hop Wallop, Ipswich IPA. I''m also into really big stouts such has Victory Storm King stout, Russian Rivers stout, etc...

I'm still planning a trip up to Santa Rosa to try some Pliny the Younger/Elder.

OK, let's see...

1) Wouldn't miss it.
2) http://www.bareefers.org/discussion/index.php?topic=5122.0
3) Favorite beer is sake. ;D Somewhat kidding but I don't drink much anymore. When I did my favorite beer was Rolling Rock for two simple reasons: First I like the light and crisp beers and second I love Latrobe PA. Since Rolling Rock is no longer brewed in Latrobe, and I have no discerning taste in beer, I no longer have a favorite.

BTW Levi, I don't think I ever got the paly from you.

Back