Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'DBTC - Other' started by Lyn, Mar 29, 2009.
* Ah ne nah mee
* Ah ne moe knee
I appreciate your desire to keep this inside the club and never be sold. I've wanted one for a long time, but the larger tank isn't up and running. Thanks for trying to find it the BEST home.
Are you sure you do not have a little spot in your current tank? Rearrange perhaps? It is small for now, and you could always get your other tank up and running before it outgrows it's spot. Just a suggestion.
BTW, according to the original owner, this anemone splits quite frequently, so if not now, you should be able to get one in the near future.
I would be willing to take it BUT, I don't have MH. I do have nems in my tank now that are and have been happy for 1 1/2 years.
What kind of anemones do you have right now?
Ah nen no me
Guess I should have put in a 3rd pronunciation.
an ni mal nee?
Wow, I didn't know there were more ways people pronounce it.
Hmmmm....I have never added a poll to a DBTC before, so I hope I am doing it correctly.
Anyway, I have a beautiful, little, Rose Bulb Tipped Anemone. It was given to me under protest and came home with my husband as he picked up equipment from a BAR friend. The anemone did not want to stay where I put it, and I do not want it to wander around the tank, so it is confined by a net on a rock. The anemone tried escaping through the holes in the netting, to no avail. Have you ever seen an anemone try to squish itself through netting? It does not want to sit quietly on the rock. Now it is up-side-down on the net...sigh...
My BAR friend has given me permission to place this anemone into DBTC (though, after laughing his head off at my predicament first :| )
I will pick the most qualified person. I'm sorry that the qualifications for this anemone are so strict, but since it was generously given to me, I want to find it the best possible home. Also, if there are people of equal qualification, the person who can pick it up at my home the earliest might take precedence. Here are the rules:
1. Must have a clean and stable tank of at least 6 months. Your tank can not be going through any part of cycling. (If you can successfully grow SPS and or/clams, that is a bonus.)
2. Must be knowledgable as to the care of anemones and know their idiosyncrasies. They can roam and sting and kill almost anything in your tank, but most are peaceful, sitting quietly in their favorite spot, given enough space around them. Would also be nice if you had a clown fish to host in it. (people with current or prior successful experience preferred)
3. Must have Metal Halides and a good skimmer. This anemone lived in a tank under 250 and 400 watt MH bulbs.
4. Must be willing to feed it quality Marine flakes and mysis shrimp. NO silversides or large food which could eventually starve/kill it.
5. Please post what your system entails and its age. A tank thread will be helpful.
6. Must promise to never sell or trade. Must remain in BAR, as part of the DBTC, and any babies must remain in the BAR DBTC program (unless our program becomes saturated and you obtain permission to place it in another club's DBTC program)
7. This goes without saying, but you must be a current BAR member in good standing.
Phew, this is a lot of rules. Basically, I want it to have the best home possible, and I want it to stay in our club (or eventually another club), never to be sold or traded. It was freely given to me, so I want it to be freely given to others.
It is unhappy under that net, but I'll see if I can get at least a picture for color. It is a few inches in diameter at the moment.
OK, I put it in a container, still under a net. Here is a picture of the very Unhappy RBTA. You can get an idea of its color depite my junk camera. It is actually a little darker pink/red.
2 green bubble tips, I have been wanting to get rid of one but since each clown hosts in it's own nem, I haven't had the heart
Ah nem mo nem mo nem mo neh
eh? no money!
I always just called em Sea Enimas
Ha! LOL :bigsmile: You guys are too funny. :bigsmile:
I've been keeping a rose anemone (ah-nem-o-nee) from pianotips in my 12gallon JBJ stock nano DX under PCs for the past 4-5 months with great success. I feed it brine and mysis and a chunk o'shrimp from time to time. It's growing and when fully spread out covers most of the tank. I don't recommend this as a great nano-pet, but just to say that anemones can do OK with only PCs and no skimmer. (not suggesting you should change your DBTC qualifications...)
By the way, I am interested for the display tank at RTC. I've got a pair of clarkii clowns that have no anemone to host in. That tank is just starting to get established, though, so may not meet your requirements.
Dare I say...
"With fronds like these....."
If no one has claimed the RBTA I would love to have it and DBTC it.....
I love growing RBTA's under my MH's and then watching them split. I can pick up at meeting...
sorry i hit the button twice... I'm still tryiong to get used to the "new Bar" website
Ain't you got one already??