Neptune Aquatics

DBTCX-Monti Setosa

I'd like to be put on the list for this.
I am going to post some War Coral frags.
Love to see how the tank is looking seminolecpa.

[quote author=Qwiv link=topic=3021.msg36509#msg36509 date=1204832008]
[/quote]Love to see how your tank is doing Jeff, you've got to have some football sized colonies by now. You need to start a tank thread and share some of your wisdom.

Love to see how the tank is looking seminolecpa.[/quote]

War Coral... PICK ME PICK ME I'VE BEEN A GOOD REEFER THIS YEAR!!! :D only partially kidding, I'm going to be hovering over the refresh button looking for that one you can count on it ;D

[quote author=Gomer link=topic=3021.msg36493#msg36493 date=1204822560]I don't get it with this coral. What is so special about it to warrant everyone wanting it?[/img]
[/quote]

Each person that wants it probably has his/her own reasons.

It's a pretty neat looking coral. Interesting growth structure and super bright color. It's actually rare, as opposed to "rare" as a marketing term.

Here's info from the AIMS site:

http://www2.aims.gov.au/coralsearch/html/501-600/Species%20pages/529.htm

And they're not even talking orange there.

Here's a pretty accurate pic from Atlantis' website:

fragsset.jpg

Fluoresces a bit more in person.

Don't worry Tony, I see some of these corals and don't get it either. I saw the frag Bryan brought to the frag swap and that sucker was glowing pink under "cool white" compact fluorescent bulbs in a very dim room, now is it just the color? Nah, I have a cap that's just as pink and what not, however as others have said, there are various reasons for it's "Extremeness"

That being said, don't worry, not everyone's cup o' tea, lots of the stuff I see in the Zoa world I look at and go... eh.. is that it? That's $15 a polyp? Whatever! While some exotic things are nice in the tank, I really like the blend more so. But again not everyone is the same, some people would rather have a tank full of 1" frags of "limited edition" items, that will take years to get to where something like a greenslimer will be in 6 months, that's fine if that's what they want.

Personally I'm loving the "extreme edition" that's been going out, it's really putting a dent in the market of rare items in one way due to the fact multiple people are getting them. That being said it might also open up another market from people who "catch the bug" (and not the bad ones :D)

[quote author=tuberider link=topic=3021.msg36514#msg36514 date=1204833208]
[/quote]Love to see how your tank is doing Jeff, you've got to have some football sized colonies by now. You need to start a tank thread and share some of your wisdom.
[/quote]

2007 wasn't good to me tank unfortunately. I was so busy with work I just couldn't take care of it. I tore down may of the tanks. Not a single water change in 2007 on the home tanks! 40 gal Refugium crashed because the bulbs died and I didn't notice. Blah Blah Blah. The only reason the tank made it was due to the automation. Been working on it this last month, and it is looking nice again. Amazing what fresh bulbs and some TLC will do. Everything that survived looks great. My Nepthea was so big I gave a quart size frag to my buddy and the thing is still huge. Just need to kill off the cyano and I am back in business.

Since no 2nd gen frags added yet. I will put 2 more frags back in.

8-30-09shots-4.jpg

1) Agree to give me a frag back upon the loss of my colony
2) Returned at least 1 second gen SPS Coral
3) Have DBTC karma >5
4) Have a tank journal with pics of healthy SPS
5) Agree to put 2 frags back into the program before trading etc.

No one?

Ok I will remove requirements 2 and 3 and open this up to a larger audience. BTW. as with most monti's, this coral does not need a ton of light

Christian, I must have missed this post before I headed down there. If you are still interested let me know. Otherwise I will open it back up for the last frag.

Still interested, but I never make it up your way, and I would not want you to come all the way back down here just for me.

If you plan on coming down this way ( or within 25 miles and we could meet) let me know, otherwise put it back out for someone else.

Thanks.

Back