Cali Kid Corals

fireman type Monti

[quote author=sfsuphysics link=topic=2624.msg27341#msg27341 date=1196210711]
Don't destroy that piece Jeremy, I want a piece once my tank gets under control :D

[/quote]Destroying it is not my job, that's Norman's, he's the one with the saw... ;-)

Heh, Jeremy can use the saw as long as he doesn't frag himself :D

No worries, Mike. It'll be a race to see who gets a 2nd generation frag back into the chain :D

[quote author=tuberider link=topic=2624.msg27338#msg27338 date=1196207210]
[quote author=northbay-reefer link=topic=2624.msg27284#msg27284 date=1196189392]
Am I too late for a piece ?
[/quote]I'll call you the cut-off point for now, we'll see when we frag if there are anymore. But you get the last piece...
[/quote]

Cool thanks.

It's really variable. I've seen it fluorescent yellow with red/orange polyps. It can get yellow green, and maybe even green. I think Al G Blenny had some that developed blue and purplish splashes on the base... or am I getting that mixed up with another coral? And it can totally brown out as well as bleach on you.

Here's some pics from Tyree's site.

auctioned_montiporafireengine_seed.jpg

auctionededition_firetipmonti_limegreenseed.jpg

http://www.reeffarmers.com/auctionedfireenginemontipora.htm

The bottom pic looks more like the piece I gave Tyree originally. Really a neat coral and one I picked up at ASAP from a decent Tongan shipment.-Jim

[quote author=Mr. Ugly link=topic=2624.msg27622#msg27622 date=1196577736]
It's really variable. I've seen it fluorescent yellow with red/orange polyps. It can get yellow green, and maybe even green. I think Al G Blenny had some that developed blue and purplish splashes on the base... or am I getting that mixed up with another coral? And it can totally brown out as well as bleach on you.

Here's some pics from Tyree's site.

auctioned_montiporafireengine_seed.jpg

auctionededition_firetipmonti_limegreenseed.jpg

http://www.reeffarmers.com/auctionedfireenginemontipora.htm
[/quote]

Thats is one cool looking monti, thanks for posting the pix

My frag of this is looking good although it ot knocked onto my sand and is laying in a very hard to reach spot right now =)

Time to get wet.

Don't worry Art you can't kill it, mebbie it should be called Chuck Norris Monti.

Everyone that got a piece needs to know that the momma colony was in low light, so go slow ramping it up into high light where it should be. Also, it's a slow grower so don't expect it to start throwin down for a while. Have fun!

Sitting in the sump tank getting sidelighted by a 70W MH from the side. If it's low light it likes, it's low light it's gonna get.

[quote author=Ibn link=topic=2624.msg27684#msg27684 date=1196648749]
Sitting in the sump tank getting sidelighted by a 70W MH from the side. If it's low light it likes, it's low light it's gonna get.
[/quote]It likes high light, I had it in low light b/c the colony was too large for me to mount anywhere. I'm just trying to emphasize to people to bring it up into full light slowly like you would any coral. Under high light is where it gets a white base with pink polyps and blue on the nodules.

Sorry for any confusion.

Back