fireman type Monti

Discussion in 'DBTC - SPS' started by tuberider, Nov 26, 2007.

statistics
No Transactions
None
Please email your web administrator with a link to this thread if you want to add this thread to the DBTC database!!
  1. Mr. Ugly

Mr. Ugly Past President

Gorgeous colors!

Super job there. Congrats!

:D

2. LeviT

LeviT Guest

Wow that's looking great. I lost mine but based on mine and the other pics this guy has a decent color range, very cool.

3. sfsuphysics

sfsuphysics Supporting Member

WOW! Are you sure you didn't swap frags out :D That looks absolutely stunning, pinkish polyps, greenish base... ziiiiiiiing! Mine still looks like a rusted firetruck monti :D

4. sfsuphysics

Ok here's an update of mine, not as stunning but still it's growing, just really damn slow.
    [​IMG]

5. saltwatersig

saltwatersig Volunteer

R.I.P. sorry Jeremy........this one met its end down in the depths of my live rock (damn those tuxedo urchins)

6. tuberider

tuberider Guest

[quote author=saltwatersig link=topic=2624.msg56661#msg56661 date=1222396643]
    R.I.P. sorry Jeremy........this one met its end down in the depths of my live rock (damn those tuxedo urchins)
    [/quote]Do you want another piece? If not don't worry, I'm about to restructure that portion of my tank and can shave a nice piece off.

7. saltwatersig

saltwatersig Volunteer

i'll pass .... you can pass it on to the next person in line....oh wait ...there is no line ...ha,ha,ha,ha,ha

8. saltwatersig

saltwatersig Volunteer

my bad. just going through dbtc blues.......Dont Bring That Coral....isnt that what it stands for?

9. sfsuphysics

Mine seems to be going through a transitional phase in its life, changing colors a tad, but not growing too much, maybe I'll snap a picture tomorrow.

10. tuberider

tuberider Guest

[quote author=sfsuphysics link=topic=2624.msg56692#msg56692 date=1222401186]
    Mine seems to be going through a transitional phase in its life, changing colors a tad, but not growing too much, maybe I'll snap a picture tomorrow.

[/quote]Hammer it Mike, it will sit there like a begging dog until you really throw light at it (of course ramp it up, don't try and bleach it) ;D

11. TimTen

TimTen Guest

I lost mine to the damn nudi's, I'm going monti free till atleast the next swap.

12. badbread

badbread Guest

Man, that thing is sexy. If any frags are available I would love to grow one out.

13. seminolecpa

seminolecpa Past President

Mine never really became a stunner, nut I have 2 frags of this available if anyone is interested. Pick up at Oct meeting

14. tuberider

tuberider Guest

Anyone still got this guy?

15. sfsuphysics

I think I got it, it's on the back end of some rockwork so I don't see it :D Unfortunately my sunset started dying on me shortly after swapping out my lights (my stupid fault) but I don't see why this one wouldn't still be there, here's a picture from last month I took

Did ya lose the piece?
    [​IMG]

16. seminolecpa

seminolecpa Past President

I have it but never got any takers on the frags. Doesn't look like much in my frag tank though.

17. tuberider

tuberider Guest

I still have a sizable piece, I'm just wondering how it's doing for people and seeing if anyone has colored it up. I'll snap a pic of mine, it's coloring back up after being in a bad spot for years, getting a little blue in the base and the polyps are shifting to to pink again.

18. yardartist

yardartist Guest

I would add it to the monti express that is the top of my rock work. Check to see if I can blast it with LED and get color. The pink and yellow is very different than most of my animals. If it stays brick red then it will be right at home!

19. sfsuphysics

Blue base? Oh now you're just making crap up! :D

Only time the polyps have been pink when it was in that bleached out stage for me, it seems in a healthy part of life now though, polyps are a good red color, however much like most encrusting montiporas seems that the older growth isn't as nicely colored as the outer part... when I get the chance I'll thwack it to let the polyps retract and see what color the base is. Looks like the old is a good healthy brown and the edges are a lime green.

20. tuberider

tuberider Guest

Not kidding about the blue, the base turns whitish and the tips of the nodules turn light blue, I think a lot of it has to do with nutrient levels.