Neptune Aquatics

how quickly can I go from freshmixed sw to waterchange?

Great, unfortunately they're not open to the public today :|

Ok who has them and is OPEN. (Hopefully near by so I don't have to go treking through the bay in this crappy weather.

Good luck Mike! I hope everything works out for you!!! you dont have to worry about Titanium heaters breaking! Should go with one for the future!

Jeremy, what will the poly filters do in a situation like this?

I do have a titanium heater, it's my main source of heating, I had a glass 200w sitting around I put in there in case the temperature gets too low and the 500w titanium jobber can't handle it.

Like Phong said, you can get water from the vending machine at a grocery store. I get water from the machine outside of my local safeway, it is $1.50 for 5 gallons.

It may be a little tricky finding them near you, maybe Tropical Reef? Lucky Ocean? the dreaded 6th Ave (desperate times call for desperate measures).

Kenny, Poly Filters are used in dialysis machines and are extremely effective at pulling out toxins/metals/NH3 and a ton of other stuff.

hey mike I have both the poly filters and 65 gallons of sw already mixed but Im in Salinas, I could help if you cant find the poly filters though. let me know so I can get ready.

Well if I got to drive all the way to Salinas I'm sure I can find a place that does sell them.

Jeremy, since you're more likely than most to visit various stores, any that you know of definitely have them? If I gotta drive then I gotta drive.

Thanks Jeremy, I'll give them a call.

Phong, any other store I think it might work, I don't think it'd work to well there, as they might think polyfiber filtration pads are the same thing :D Upside is they open at 9am so swinging by is possible before work.

Oh thanks Charles, I missed you today, but sure enough peaked in the mailbox! You rock! I'll pay you back whenever it's convenient, now is the waiting game.

Thanks to those who offered up water I just have no idea how to feasibly move that much water around. I think I'm good for now, I have 30g mixing, and filling up another 30g container.

Man my sps are super bleached, in fact halides are only on for 30 minutes just so I can see the damage, don't want to bleach any further. As bad as they are doing though, it looks kind of pretty in a pastel like fashion :D

I did swing by AC to see if he had anything, left with some cuprisorb that says it absorbs heavy metals, so we'll see.

Back