I'd ask my friends to come and see, An Anemone garden with me...

Discussion in 'Tank Journals' started by Bruce Spiegelman, Jan 19, 2018.

1. Apon

Apon Volunteer

try adding some small cut PVC tubes about 1 or 2 inches tall should do. The anemones will like putting the foot in there and it makes it easier to move them.

2. Note -- I did try this. I cuts some PVC of various sizes between one and two-and-a-half inches. Turns out that very small Nems will move into the small ones -- and die. They get to the bottom and don't ever come up.

3. Anemones in harmony. Black Widows, Ultra Over the Rainbows and Dolphin Pet Village.

IMG_6082.JPG IMG_6069.JPG

Kmooresf, jorahx4 and coral4me like this.
  4. ashburn2k

ashburn2k Webmaster

woah... those look amazing

I had a big bta and was hiding under the rocks, i didn't think much of it until i realizing it was going to kill itself by hiding there all the time. and it was too late when I flip the rock for it to bake under the light.

5. NanoCrazed

NanoCrazed Supporting Member

OMG -- I've been looking all over for someone with a DV nem (...and a black widow)

Appreciate it if you would please keep me in mind for a split of either or both...

6. ashburn2k

ashburn2k Webmaster

be prepared to give up your first born for one of those...

NanoCrazed likes this.
  7. jorahx4

jorahx4 Supporting Member

Is that green one the dolphin pet village?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NanoCrazed likes this.
  8. NanoCrazed

I might do that... my first born nems would be sacrificed... :)

9. NanoCrazed

It is indeed.

They make it to liveaquaria and a few other spots every now and then... but we all locally know it as DV

10. Yep.

11. NanoCrazed

Bruce, you might appreciate this... my version of a nem garden... there are a few others on the other side of the tank...

SmartSelectImage_2018-03-13-17-12-59.jpg

12. I love the speckles! Nice garden.

jorahx4 and NanoCrazed like this.
  13. NanoCrazed

Here's one of my pride and joys...

SmartSelectImage_2018-03-13-15-03-50.jpg

Mozby's Reef and jorahx4 like this.
  14. ashburn2k

ashburn2k Webmaster

i thought u said no fish???

15. A reefer can change his mind!

16. Plus I had to save them. They were rescues -- or something. I got them from Jerry and Kim and asked for cheapies. They are like grade F or something -- so I had to save them!

jorahx4 and NanoCrazed like this.
  17. ashburn2k

ashburn2k Webmaster

grade F? Are they like retard or something?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

18. iCon

iCon Supporting Member

Very specific lineage... I highly doubt Live Aquaria gets their hands on the DPV.

19. NanoCrazed

Agreed on lineage. DPV as well call it is a very specific and local strain... though purple with green tips is not isolated to DPV.... sometimes sold as "joker" BTA elsewhere.

I personally would love to have a DPV confirmed strain for nosalgic reasons...(I use to go through DPV often in the early 2000s) but did manage to get my hands on a suspected DPV strain just today :)