got ethical husbandry?

joker paly

Thanks for the frag Seamus.. Nice to meet you and check out your tank..

I have 1 crappy pic after it opened up...

3037691638_85a2ec3da6.jpg

Do these paly's have a very feint red ring around the middle of them?

I have something similar I got from ATL called "Purple Heart Paly's" and they look just like these but have a super light red ring about 2-3mm out of the mouth.

[quote author=badbread link=topic=4217.msg83270#msg83270 date=1235254329]
Do these paly's have a very feint red ring around the middle of them?

I have something similar I got from ATL called "Purple Heart Paly's" and they look just like these but have a super light red ring about 2-3mm out of the mouth.
[/quote]

I can't see any red on mine, it's a deep purple with a neon green skirt, only difference I see between these and PPE is the PPE has a green mouth.

Ok, I have some that are very similar that are going to need some fragging soon, I guess the difference is that they have a feint red ring around the middle of them. Thanks!

Hello :) Sorry I have not responded sooner. The one polyp you gave me is now about 4-5. They have shrunken in size though. :( I haven't figured out how to frag them off the plug yet. Any suggestions?

I'll get a picture for you tonight when the lights come on and the zoas open up.

Got a junk picture:

Lyn, you can just use a razor blade to cut between the polyps and slice under them to separate from the plug. Then glue the loose polyps to another plug or a rock.

I wouldn't use a dremel on zoas due to aerosolizing nasty zoa compounds.

Depending on the type of plug, you can also cut or crack the plug with fragging shears. If you have the hard ceramic plugs, you can partially score through them from underneath and split them apart with shears.

Patchin, Lyn was going to transport the frag for you to you. Lyn they are really small for me as well, and I seggust scoring the frag plug as these small zoas are really hard to glue to a new plug.

Back