Our mission

Kinetic's ELOS 120

patchin said:
Glad you figured things out! How did you break your leg???
Basketball =) It happens. Going to physical therapy to get it all fixed up. I should be good to go by September, but not sure yet.

yup and I have.. My pics always seem to blue for me when I take pics of my tank, I dont use PS but I do use Picasa to edit and add some text.. I bought a D3000 and already want to upgrade...

DML08 said:
yup and I have.. My pics always seem to blue for me when I take pics of my tank, I dont use PS but I do use Picasa to edit and add some text.. I bought a D3000 and already want to upgrade...

Are you shooting in RAW? If so, try to see if Picasa can change the white balance.

Update: removed more pieces of rock, somehow it looks the same as before, lol. I moved a few things, I have a lot more room on the right side now which is nice.

I brought the salinity down from 1.033 to 1.029. Probably get it down to 1.026 by tomorrow.

Scrubbed some algae away and everything is looking much better. Clam keeps getting aiptasia on it for some reason. Ordered some Joe's Juice, I'll do some killing when it gets in.

Roc said:
How you getting joes juice shipped to Cali...............Please let me know so I can do the same
I just ordered it on Premium Aquatics? I didn't know there was an issue of shipping it to California.

Roc, they relabeled their product IIRC and there's no problem getting it, IME though, the Aiptasia-X has a way better applicator and is a superior product...

While neither list the ingredients (don't have to by law, stupid, but true), Joe's Juice IIRC pulled a patent so you can patent search and find out.

Jeremy the website must not be updated then?:

http://www.joesjuice.com/faqs.php

Can I order JoesJuice if I live in California?
It is with regret that we are no longer able to sell JoesJuice® in California. This was not a choice made by us, rather it is due to a mandate issued by a Department of the California Environmental Protection Agency. We have every intention of working with the EPA to attain registration for our product and pledge diligence to our effort to offer JoesJuice in California again soon.

If true PA can get in trouble for sending it to California.

http://www.marinedepot.com/Joe%60s_Juice_Aiptasia_Eliminator_20_mL_Liquid_Pest_Control_Eliminators-Joe%60s_Juice-JJ1111-FIADAFLC-vi.html
Sorry, not available in California
MD states it can not be sold to anyone in California. I bet they would if they could. Sounds like PA is either not aware (no excuse and still illegal) or doesn't care.

Did some massive maintenance today on the tank, so I decided to snap a few pictures. Lots of gunk flying around in the tank from moving stuff around, so you'll see spots everywhere.

I cleaned all the pumps, totally disassembled the skimmer to clean and pull out baby trochus snails... actually mostly just pulled millions of snails out of pump impellers all day. Reloaded GFO/Carbon, and all that good stuff. Took like 3 hours =P

Anyway, on to the photos

Black photons:

And a few anthias:

Hey Art,
Nice tank, looks a little familiar lol
Is your chiller still in the cabinet? Do you have a fan to exchange air in the cabinet? I'm wondering if it is able to do it's job efficiently in a closed space. After lots of consideration, I've chosen to keep my chillers outside of cabinets and find they work much less hard to produce the same temperature drop. I too keep anthias (two survivors out of an original 5 juvenile Lyre Tail anthias) and feel great that I'm able to provide for their special needs. I also had a couple porcelain crabs that looked a lot like yours and love to watch them waving their filter claws from their perch. One of mine resided in a duncan colony until it disappeared. I almost bought two more yesterday when I visited Neptune just because they are so cool.

Great work, Art. I also enjoyed reading your blog a bit. What do you do in all your spare time ;)

iCon said:
Nice pics - What are you shooting with?

just a nikon

screebo said:
Hey Art,
Nice tank, looks a little familiar lol
Is your chiller still in the cabinet? Do you have a fan to exchange air in the cabinet?

Hey, yup, the chiller is still in the cabinet. It fits so nicely, I didn't want to take it out =) My stand is open back, so it's not too bad inside. I'd imagine it'd be better outside the stand, but I've never had any problems with it working too hard. The house is usually cool, even in the summer, so I'm not too worried. If I lived in south bay, I'd definitely have it somewhere else.

Back