MACNA 2016 : Who is Going?

Discussion in 'Events & Announcements' started by OnTheReef, Jul 26, 2016.

By OnTheReef on Jul 26, 2016 at 7:38 PM
  1. OnTheReef

OnTheReef OnTheReef (Eric)

I am planning to attend MACNA 2016, who all is going?

Tags: this article has not been tagged

Comments

Discussion in 'Events & Announcements' started by OnTheReef, Jul 26, 2016.

1. Ibn
      Ibn
      Was planning on it, but will be heading out for some camping and then Vintage Santa Clara that weekend.
    2. Flagg37
      Flagg37
      I wish I could. Sounds like a blast.
    3. sfsuphysics
      sfsuphysics
      I'm going, may not be going all 3 days, but once they release the a schedule of talks/events I'll know. My little one might even make an appearance there... although I told my wife it probably won't be good because if he has a melt down I don't want it ruining my day :D
    4. tankguy
      tankguy
      Won't make this one
    5. jonmos75
      jonmos75
      I will be going 1st time ever for me...
    6. Enderturtle
      Enderturtle
      Maybe, leaning towards a no. But maybe.
    7. coral4me
      coral4me
      @Ashalye and I are planning to fly down and attend a day or two of the show. We'll be staying and visiting with family in the SD area, so kind of a two for one trip. Hope to see you at the show.
    8. sfsuphysics
      sfsuphysics
      Come on Mike, you'll go to Reef-a-palooza but not MACNA!? :D

@<3-2-reef same here with family doing in SD and then maybe a trip to the zoo or something (he's 4 months old, he has a kick just going to Home Depot :D)... except driving (probably) although I am tempted about flying, I can go on "cheap" days and United has round trip tickets for $117, although if I add a rental car that'll be more... but still the thought of not driving for 10+ hours with a baby in the car might outweigh the cost :D
    9. Apon
      Apon
      I am considering it...is there a club discount code?
    10. FeliciaLynn
      FeliciaLynn
      I'll be there. I'm probably going to drive down during the day on Friday, so I'll be there for the reception Friday night and then the conference Saturday and Sunday.
    11. Coral reefer
      Coral reefer
      Still a big probably for me. Thinking only 1-2 days though and haven't made plans for where to stay yet...
    12. Flagg37
      Flagg37
      Just stay on the beach. There's got to be a koa near by.
      Coral reefer likes this.
    13. sfsuphysics
      sfsuphysics
      Tijuana isn't too far away, how expensive can it be to stay there? :D
    14. Flagg37
      Flagg37
      For all the times I've been to Tijuana, I can't ever remember sleeping there.
    15. OnTheReef
      OnTheReef
      Anyone interested in sharing a room? Most of the conference rates are sold out. I'll probably get the conference rate Friday and rack rate Saturday.
    16. FeliciaLynn
      FeliciaLynn
      The MACNA organizers just set up another block of rooms at a nearby hotel for the same rate.
    17. OnTheReef
      OnTheReef
      Yes, I saw that. I have been to a few of these and there is just nothing like the convenience and congeniality of being in the conference hotel. Just so much easier to participate in the spontaneous socializing that happens. I am in Friday, going to bet they will let me extend it once I am there.
    18. Flagg37
      Flagg37
      "Spontaneous socializing"? Is that a euphemism for partying?
    19. ThRoewer
      ThRoewer
      I would love to since it's close, but don't know if I can convince the wife to go on a fish related trip...