Jestersix

My 90 gallon tank: video update! (with narration this time!)

Yes you can mix them, but remember to get the smallest ones you can find. If the inverts you have show no signs of disease you should be fine...but it can't hurt to QT. :)

575125_2084514129021_1730171446_1009607_397673091_n.jpg

538733_2084505248799_1730171446_1009604_1084629044_n.jpg

528906_2084510128921_1730171446_1009606_50009063_n.jpg

528665_2084515449054_1730171446_1009608_1351990207_n.jpg

523304_2084507928866_1730171446_1009605_1793431108_n.jpg

485178_2084502568732_1730171446_1009603_1002242736_n.jpg

301754_2084518569132_1730171446_1009609_374388757_n.jpg

So, been working on the 'scape, and this is what I have so far. It's a bit rough, and no where near final, so if you have any questions or suggestions, please let me know. As you may be able to tell, I am trying hard to make sure I have ledges, and that they are relatively high and will get good light. Hopefully, these ledges will be good for coral one day. Any thoughts appreciated. Now, I think I will go to bed and get some rest. :)

574524_2084691933466_1730171446_1009632_97223293_n.jpg

A true union ballvalve will help control the flow going into the main display + make it easier to remove when you need to remove the main pump for service.
Only concern w/clear tubing is algae buildup.
No manifolds to feed reactors ?
How will you get flow into the fuge ? Teeing off the drain or return would help for that.

Scaping has promise.

Some Emaco and rods would help achieve the look you want. :)

gimmito said:
Scaping has promise.

Some Emaco and rods would help achieve the look you want. :)

Have the Emaco and rods :) was just playing around with it at 2am LoL. I was tempted to start emaco-ing and drilling in the early hours, but I wanted to get suggestions from you all before anything came permanent. Plan on doing that in a bit.

Also, fuge isn't overly huge, and it's all part of the aqueon system. http://www.aqueonproducts.com/education/videos/index.php?v=qYj7PQzl4cY

Easy enough to add on reactors once they are needed and present. Flow goes through fuge to pump. No need to tee off. Quit trying to make noobs get crazy complicated Jim. Not everyone likes to take 5 years for their build lol!

Coral reefer said:
By the way, nice job brandie, looks good. Glad you figured it out!

Thanks Mike! Haha, had to have a friend come and help me cut stuff out and what not. I just couldn't wait for another week. Now I have to start figuring out this rock scape! Let the emaco-ing begin LoL

Coral reefer said:
Easy enough to add on reactors once they are needed and present. Flow goes through fuge to pump. No need to tee off. Quit trying to make noobs get crazy complicated Jim. Not everyone likes to take 5 years for their build lol!

...just making it easy for her to get the manifold she asked me about from the get go. We all know it's easier to plumb when there isn't water in the tank. ;)

Man guys, this emaco thing isn't as easy as it looks. I am having one helluva time trying to work with it, drill holes and get it to set. I thought it was going to be ezpz. Psh, nothing easy about it.

are you going to test your your tank/plumming for any leaks first? I would use fresh water and let it run for a few days.

gimmito said:
Coral reefer said:

...just making it easy for her to get the manifold she asked me about from the get go. We all know it's easier to plumb when there isn't water in the tank. ;)

yeah no kidding, do it right the first time!

I got so close to setting up the tank and wham!!! Life happens. School is keeping me super busy and it looks like my youngest pup may need some major surgery to repair his knee. I only needed the background and netting for the top, and I would have been just about ready to set up. ='(

I'll keep you all updated, even though because of school, I have been horrible about it lately. Hope you all had fun at the aquarium today!

Sorry to here about your school load and pup's knee problems. We had a great time on the tour...hope you guys can make it out next time.

Sorry guys, haven't updated-- been super busy, so...here's an update!

Taz's knee was OK, thank goodness because that's a $4k surgery. I think he stepped on the tack stripping...I stepped around the same spot he did and ended up sounding like a sailor. Had a couple of nice little pin pricks on the bottom of my right foot...

So I ordered the clear netting and Christie's red hot glue today. I am going to put a check valve and ball valve on the return, but adding them in with hose barbs. Step dad is coming up to learn a bit about the plumbing and what I am doing....I think he wants to start a tank now as well, he gets more excited the more I talk about it.

I **should** have water in it this coming weekend testing it, making sure there are no leaks. It's cutting it a bit close for my liking, but I think it will work out OK. So far, I have everything that I need except for the salt, and I will be getting that from Robert's next Saturday. Hopefully the tank will be in it's spot, with water in the tank, cycling by Tuesday night. I did buy a bottle of Dr Tims, but I figured it can't hurt to have it run the few weeks we are gone. Couple of questions: can the macro algae go in there a few hours after the dr tims is in? Also, was thinking about putting the pita hermit in the fuge while we are gone, to maybe keep something waste producing in there to keep it cycling? Was curious as to your thoughts about that.

Also, I will be getting an Aquaclear 110 and using that for filtration on the big tank, and I am going to turn the big tank into my QT tank until I have all my fish. It has a stand, so it can sit in my living room, a top, and a set of lights. Denzil doesn't mind either, and I figured that in the long run, it would be easier to maintain that with only a few fish in there, than the 10 gallon. Also, I can set up the 10 gallon and use that for 1-2 small fish QT (if they have to be added together). Question is, do I just need the biomedia? Not the activated charcoal (because of the meds) and the sponges correct? I will be putting that on the tank to seed while we are gone too. I was thinking of adding that the very last day on the fuge, just so if I dump the Dr tims' in there, it won't all go find housing on the AC.

Well, I best be going now, I have a final to study for tomorrow. I look forward to hearing from you all!!

Back