My First Reef: Redsea 525XL

Discussion in 'Tank Journals' started by roostertech, Aug 4, 2016.

1. Gablami

Gablami Supporting Member

Any day now!

2. Flagg37

Flagg37 Officer at large

It's probably coming out at the same time the COR does, which is hopefully some time before the mindstream comes out.

3. roostertech

roostertech reef noob

Tank arrived, 771 lbs of it

Screen Shot 2016-12-22 at 12.26.59 PM.png

Newjack, Gablami and jonmos75 like this.
  4. Vhuang168

Vhuang168 Supporting Member

Now we want to see it OUT of the box and in your house! Let's see that awesome scape @jestersix built for you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gablami likes this.
  5. roostertech

roostertech reef noob

Probably won't have time to unbox and build the stand till the weekend. I'll have people over to help me get the tank mounted on Tues.

6. Vhuang168

Lol, I'll come over and build it for you! Should only take you an hour or so!

Newjack likes this.
  7. roostertech

roostertech reef noob

@Vhuang168 is coming over Monday 10:30 AM to help me unbox and setup.

If anyone else want to join in let me know and we can do a small gathering. I'll get us some lunch.

8. Gablami

Gablami Supporting Member

Sorry can't. Working. But it took 3 of us about 2.5 hours from start to finish. I'm sure you guys'll get it done in half the time.

9. BSAJim

BSAJim Supporting Member

Any other week, and I would join in the fun. House full of relatives. Wife would be VERY unhappy if I left, and I need her in a good mood when I break the news about the lighting upgrade.:rolleyes:

10. roostertech

roostertech reef noob

Yeah I do realize it is a Monday lol. But since I have next week off, the day after xmas is still good for opening present after all.

@Newjack? @rygh ?

11. Flagg37

Flagg37 Officer at large

You got your wife new lights for Christmas?

12. roostertech

roostertech reef noob

Don't you know that all fish tank purchases are gifts to our significant other? Reefers are generous.

Baykes likes this.
  13. Newjack

Newjack Supporting Member

hey Phuong, I might be able to help out.
    My kids are on winter break. Let me check with the BOSS.

14. roostertech

roostertech reef noob

Bring them all! :)

15. BSAJim

BSAJim Supporting Member

Uhhh, not quite as dumb as I may look. Not a Christmas present. Need to break the news after Christmas that I need to increase the lighting on the 190g.

Currently running two Kessil 360W. It's about half the light I actually need.

16. Flagg37

Flagg37 Officer at large

I imagine you've seen the 3 ap700s on @Vhuang168 's tank. It's the same size as yours.

17. Vhuang168

I only have 2 on it right now. I'll move the other from the 40b when it's empty of sps coral and put A360s over it

18. BSAJim

BSAJim Supporting Member

I have been considering moving the two 360W units towards the outside edges and placing an AP700 in the center. One challenge is a center brace on the 190 tank, the other is the cost. Trying to consider all the alternatives...

19. sfsuphysics

sfsuphysics Supporting Member

Wow, nice big new box, you know the shiny that is inside it, man it would take a will power that I don't have to at least start to set it up... at the very least the stand, just a little bit of the stand... :D

So does it go together easy like Ikea furniture, or is definitely something that's easy to screw up?

20. roostertech

roostertech reef noob

I looked at the manual. Pretty much Ikea like. I have to finish my RODI, mixing station anyway. We are unboxing Monday morning if you want to join :)