got ethical husbandry?

My lighting is out, and I really need help

I found out my lighting wasn't working today, and I check the plug see if it's plug in properly, which i was. The light came on, but it shut off again, I check the wiring, and the is one line that it was disconnect from the power source to the ballast. I reconnect and now my light doesn't work at all.

I don't know what's going on anymore. Did my bulb blown out? Or what the heck... I'm so lost and mad... I don't want my nano reef to crash again.

Guys, I'm really worried about my corals, please... help me. The light is been out for couple of nights already.

Did you check all the wiring and get it all right? Strip it down again and check.

What bulb and ballast combo are you running? That would help just in case someone has a spare bulb that you can borrow. That'll at least rule out whether it's the ballast or the bulb.

all the wiring are connect in the right order. I assuming the bulb is out and I might need to get buy new bulbs. Im running 2x24 jbj 2x50/50 PC lighting. I tried to connect to power to the ballast today and I found power running to the balllast, but the light doesn't come on. Might been I blew up the bulbs by a shock burst during the when I was re connecting the power plug.

Great news.......... OMG... I can't believe I miss it. Not only that the power line to the Pony ballast was disconnect, but I miss the yellow line to the canopy were disconnected too. So I assumed only the power line, but I found two lines are disconnect. I twist crimp it and hop it stays in place. I prefer soldering, but I don't know how.

Hey ibn, thanks for your help today at the meeting.

Hi guys... Over the weekend my tank lighting went out and now, I can't figure out what happen. I check every single wires and they are all connected. On my splash guard it's seem light something is blown. My nephew saw it went out and he told me the bulb flicks and went out. I assume it was the bulbs were out, but i install new bulbs and it doesn't work. My splash guard is blacken smoke.

Any thoughts?

yea it's something wrong with my electricity because even my spare lighting fixture was blown in 20 minutes. I plug the Coralife 36watts and came back blown, brown marks next to the bulbs.

What can i do? Even if i buy new fixtures, it's going to blow too....

Jar, 25, almost 26. Why?

Eric, yea, I'm not quite sure what is going on, but everthing works, but the lighting. Well every doesNt get blown, but the lighting fixture. I double check all the wiring, even the back up fixture gotten blown so it can't be the fixture wiring. It has to be the electricity from the cord. I have one stick of cord that hold serveral power outlet and a coralife timer wavemaker cord plug to it.

Could be the coralife daisy change on the cord stick?

Back